Fog light replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yess. just the projector driving lights.
55watt 4500k makes ALOT of usable light.

Just be sure to run a relay harness and upgrade the fuse to one of these circuit breakers, as the standard fuse holders melt.

Last edited:

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the housing is metal with glass lens.

This is the Projector light thats stuffed into that extra housing.
Shown is the light mounted to OEM denali fog bracket.
its from my how-to thread from way back.
IMG_1587.jpg

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yess. just the projector driving lights.
55watt 4500k makes ALOT of usable light.

Just be sure to run a relay harness and upgrade the fuse to one of these circuit breakers, as the standard fuse holders melt.

Wow, that is a lot of light output. I figured those projectors would be terrible being ebay specials. But think you may of just changed it.

Does the fuse melt b/c of the 55w? How would 35w look you think?

And where is this how-to thread?

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the projectors in your album are the ones from the ebay auction link? how long ago did you do this? holding up well?

what do you mean by relay harness? like this? will they still come on with the factory fog switch when all said and done? should the breaker go between the light and relay or power source and relay? I really like the looks of this.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Projectors are the same ones installed in that plastic plate thing with the ugly LED's.
They are working great, no water or road damage. been running strong over 2 years now with 55watt bulbs.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Kit-Wiring-Harness
replace the shit fuse on that harness with the breaker.

Use this picture as reference only, this is NOT my picture. Every one of the 7 harnesses I have orderd was complete.
A few needed the +/- wires on the headlight plugs swapped around.
id-harness-issue-ddm-55w-hids-hid-wiring-harness-1.jpg

Last edited:

bigbird189

Reaction score
Did you just mod the ebay projectors? I see there are different bulbs mounting then the ebay if they are the ebay ones. If not where did those come from? Also couldn't you cut a hole in the OEM housing and and put the projector into it to retain the factory housing so there is not a huge gap from the bumper and light housing?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb