Interior parts replacement - window switch bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you sure it's the bezels that are broken? Those bezels are held in place by a slot that's molded into the door armrest.

So you think the rectangular hole for the spring clip is broken? Or something else?

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you think the rectangular hole for the spring clip is broken? Or something else?

I don't know for SURE until I get the truck back in a couple of days. I was just doing some research to see if I could line things up.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Happened to mine--replaced the armrest, and now the new one is cracked. If it breaks again I'll just silicone it down. I've seen guys actually put screws through the bezels to hold them down! Looks terrible.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The screw tower in my bezel was broken off but I fixed it with Q-Bond. Amazing stuff for plastic repair.

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
I don't know for SURE until I get the truck back in a couple of days. I was just doing some research to see if I could line things up.
Mine is broken on the armrest side also, bezel is fine
Mine looks normal... but there’s like 4 zip ties in combination you’ll find if you took my door panel off... an extra hole in the bezel... one runs down to one of he top holes for the speaker grille, that if you know where to look with a flashlight you could see a bit of...but like I say it looks normal, from the outside, and everything is secure

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's kind of a weak spot, I know it take some force when I slam the door, and that's when the back usually pops out. I hope it's not broken on the panel side, I've never taken it apart yet to look.

I'll have it back in a couple of days anyway, it sounds like.

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure it's the bezels that are broken? Those bezels are held in place by a slot that's molded into the door armrest.

You guys are right... I got my Tahoe back this weekend and took a look, it is not the mounting clip on the bezel that is broken - it is the plastic piece the clip fits INTO - this is part of the door panel. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this. I'm gonna have to do some looking. I don't want to buy new door panels, and anyways, they'll be just as old and brittle, even if they're "new old stock" or in better shape than the ones I already have.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's not too far gone you might look into using some QBond on it. You can use that to repair and build up the plastic, and you can file it, etc.

While the QBond is somewhat pricey it's worked great for some repairs I've made. It's super glue and some kind of powder, one for metal and one for plastic. Super glue alone usually won't hold on the plastic repair but the powder that the QBond includes works instantly and is strong. I have also heard that super glue and baking soda work the same, so possibly a cheaper alternative, although I haven't tried that. Yet.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You guys are right... I got my Tahoe back this weekend and took a look, it is not the mounting clip on the bezel that is broken - it is the plastic piece the clip fits INTO - this is part of the door panel. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this. I'm gonna have to do some looking. I don't want to buy new door panels, and anyways, they'll be just as old and brittle, even if they're "new old stock" or in better shape than the ones I already have.
It's the door handle--which is replaceable--you don't need to replace the complete door panel.
If it's not too far gone you might look into using some QBond on it. You can use that to repair and build up the plastic, and you can file it, etc.

While the QBond is somewhat pricey it's worked great for some repairs I've made. It's super glue and some kind of powder, one for metal and one for plastic. Super glue alone usually won't hold on the plastic repair but the powder that the QBond includes works instantly and is strong. I have also heard that super glue and baking soda work the same, so possibly a cheaper alternative, although I haven't tried that. Yet.
Baking soda and super glue! I gotta try that myself. I've seen the videos and it seems to work great. My replacement is starting to crack too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts