Interior parts replacement - window switch bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the portion of my driver's and passenger door panels that hold the window switch have broken clips inside, I need to replace them.

Here is the part I am talking about, in the center of this picture, with the switches inside it. Not the switch mechanism, but the overlying tan trim panel or bezel or whatever you want to call it.

vrolet-Tahoe-Interior-Door-Panel-Removal-Guide-045.jpg

So I'm looking for 2 replacements, one for each side. Here is a place I found some, was wondering if anyone has used these particular ones and if they are worth a damn? I mean, do they look like they don't even vaguely match the color and texture of factory? I'm looking at the "Brock" ones that are like $23 each, but the DIY Solutions ones for $65 each are a possibility as well.

I know I will get a ton of people telling me to look at a salvage yard. I know. But if it saves me the time and effort of driving there, looking myself and finding the right ones and if I can get a pair for under $50, that's worth it to me - again, IF they look decent. I'm just wondering if anyone has used either of these two options, or if there is another place out there to find them decently?

The color of mine is the neutral or tan color.

<edit> I just found the OE version on GMpartsdirect.com part #89045127 for $34, or same one on Ebay for $42 and $3 shipping. So those are probably both better options - new OEM, rather than aftermarket - unless someone can vouch for the cheaper ones being good quality. Looking for the opposite side part number now...

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this Ebay auction sure looks like the right parts, but the numbers say they don't fit my vehicle.

Trying to figure out the differences and which part number I need is tough.

<edit> In some auctions that part number looks like it fits, in others it doesn't. I think the 'compatibility' list is provided by the seller and sometimes they don't add ALL the vehicles it may fit... same with the passenger side one, they both show up in some auctions as fitting, and in some as not fitting.

Driver's - 89045127
Pass - 89045119

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2004, right? One screw and one spring clip?

What's broken on yours, the clip support or the retaining screw towers?

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The clip support, they are attached at the front, but they keep working their way out sideways from the rear.

<edit> So I am assuming... my door panels have been taken apart more than a Lego set in a daycare. It is currently 45 minutes away getting a new motor installed, but based on the behavior of these 2 trim panels over the last couple of years, I am sure is the rear clip that is broken - they have been 'drifting' sideways every day or two for a couple of years, but they are still attached in the front.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So this Ebay auction sure looks like the right parts, but the numbers say they don't fit my vehicle.

Trying to figure out the differences and which part number I need is tough.

<edit> In some auctions that part number looks like it fits, in others it doesn't. I think the 'compatibility' list is provided by the seller and sometimes they don't add ALL the vehicles it may fit... same with the passenger side one, they both show up in some auctions as fitting, and in some as not fitting.

Driver's - 89045127
Pass - 89045119

Don't these Ebay Auction Mfr. and Interchange numbers match what you found for part numbers at GMpartsDirect?

Sounds like your clips are slipping off of the supports; could they be tightened by bending a little?

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but GMPartsDirect says it does NOT fit my Tahoe. I cannot find on there what they say DOES fit.

OP
OP
tRidiot

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am still learning how that site works.... this is what it tells me works for my vehicle, I think.

Right/pass - 89045140
Left/driver - 89045137

And no, I haven't been using my VIN. Maybe that would be better.

<edit> Those show discontinued - and the numbers bring up no results on Ebay, while the others bring up a million.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are what I see for a 2004 (mine) in Neutral.

Capture2.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Are you sure it's the bezels that are broken? Those bezels are held in place by a slot that's molded into the door armrest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz