Fog lamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section so if not please move. I have hid's in my fog lamps. The past couple days when I turn them on with the switch I hear a funny noise and only the passenger side will illuminate. I turn them on and off a couple times and then both will illuminate but they cycle from side to side before they do. Is this a relay issue or a ballast issue? I've stopped using them to keep from shorting the ballast out. Thanks for any help.

donovandavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section so if not please move. I have hid's in my fog lamps. The past couple days when I turn them on with the switch I hear a funny noise and only the passenger side will illuminate. I turn them on and off a couple times and then both will illuminate but they cycle from side to side before they do. Is this a relay issue or a ballast issue? I've stopped using them to keep from shorting the ballast out. Thanks for any help.
Sounds like a ballast issue. As for the sound you're hearing, if it's buzzing/clicking it's the ballasts but if you're hearing more of a kind clunk type sounds it's the rear wiper moving up, putting the hids in the fogs causes a interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Crcz71

Crcz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a ballast issue. As for the sound you're hearing, if it's buzzing/clicking it's the ballasts but if you're hearing more of a kind clunk type sounds it's the rear wiper moving up, putting the hids in the fogs causes a interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a weird buzzing noise. Had a feeling it was the ballast but wasn't sure. Thanks for your input. Guess I'll be looking for some soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman