Fluid leak in rear of 2013 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013YUKONXL_JR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All, just purchased a 2013 Yukon XL SLT 5.3 and I noticed a pink liquid leaking from a line connection in the rear passenger side wheel well liner. I assume this is coolant? Does it run back there in this model? I’m handy and resourceful but am not a mechanic.

It also has a leak somewhere in the rear wiper fluid and the front wiper fluid does not work either. It’s 0 degrees where I am in Alaska right now or I would have troubleshot those already and have more info. The vehicle is high mileage, 214k all in Arizona, but it’s in great shape and recently had a transmission rebuild.

Any help or suggestions on anything with this vehicle is appreciated.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
The rear passenger tire is where the ac stuff is for the rear mine leaks all the time summer and winter dripping condensation

The rear wiper is bad for breaking the rubber hose for the wiper fluid making it useless but comes in handy for tail gaters because you can squirt them with your fluid lol

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the heater core for the rear heat is back on the passenger side of the vehicle so yes, it could very well be coolant. Not sure of the pink color though.

Your rear washer fluid runs from the washer tank under the hood along the driver side frame. There are a few connections at the rear drivers side corner that can come loose.

If it’s from Arizona, they may have just put water in the washer tank and it may have frozen on you.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi All, just purchased a 2013 Yukon XL SLT 5.3 and I noticed a pink liquid leaking from a line connection in the rear passenger side wheel well liner. I assume this is coolant? Does it run back there in this model? I’m handy and resourceful but am not a mechanic.

It also has a leak somewhere in the rear wiper fluid and the front wiper fluid does not work either. It’s 0 degrees where I am in Alaska right now or I would have troubleshot those already and have more info. The vehicle is high mileage, 214k all in Arizona, but it’s in great shape and recently had a transmission rebuild.

Any help or suggestions on anything with this vehicle is appreciated.
Dexcool coolant is orangish pink, so that’s a possibility given that the lines for the rear heater core are back there on the pax side, as @wjburken says. I’ve also seen pink windshield washer fluid so that’s another possibility if it’s a light pink color. Keep an eye on the coolant level in the reservoir. If it’s leaking back there, you don’t want to run low before you can get it fixed.

Chances are your washer fluid is just frozen in the lines. Mine was frozen today at 15° outside because the stuff they sell in this area is for southern climates.

OP
OP

2013YUKONXL_JR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The rear passenger tire is where the ac stuff is for the rear mine leaks all the time summer and winter dripping condensation

The rear wiper is bad for breaking the rubber hose for the wiper fluid making it useless but comes in handy for tail gaters because you can squirt them with your fluid lol
Thanks, There is a metal hose/tube connection right next to the one that’s leaking. I assume that’s the air conditioning. This one is a thicker black soft hose. Honestly it looks like what you would see with a brake hose, so it’s probably the coolant.

With the rear windshield wiper, I hear the motor then fluid running under the car but it never makes it to the window. I assume it’s a broken line under the car but it’s just too damn cold to worry about right now. I noticed the pinkish fluid though, and it went right through the snow and ice no problem, so after reading the responses it’s the coolant. It’s a small drip but enough to get me to search out help. Thank you all for the help and Merry Christmas to you all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh