Flowmaster is really quite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll proably end up looking into magnaflow once this flowmaster gets on my nerves enough. I have the whoosing noise to from the flowmaster once I really get into it is very anoying, but I really love the roar you get with them when just cruiseing but hate the sound once I give it some gas. I love the way magnaflow sounds on other vehicles but it seems on 5.3s they sound like a old set of glasspacks. If I can find a straight-through magnaflow that gives me a roar that doesn't pop like straights I will get one. I'm not concerned if it's too loud I just don't want it to sound like I have straights

just like my 6.2 the 5.3s sound fine. Here is the quietest muffler they have on my 6.2 i installed and its 3.5 pipe with resonator delete
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_E5417xFVo

CM Burns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll proably end up looking into magnaflow once this flowmaster gets on my nerves enough. I have the whoosing noise to from the flowmaster once I really get into it is very anoying, but I really love the roar you get with them when just cruiseing but hate the sound once I give it some gas. I love the way magnaflow sounds on other vehicles but it seems on 5.3s they sound like a old set of glasspacks. If I can find a straight-through magnaflow that gives me a roar that doesn't pop like straights I will get one. I'm not concerned if it's too loud I just don't want it to sound like I have straights

In my opinion the Magnaflow's are awesome. I had a smaller 14" magnaflow on my TBSS and it didn't sound like old glasspacks, it was raspy and roared, and sounded better than my Flowmaster, it had some popping, but didn't crackle like a G-P. I stepped up to the bigger sized Magnaflow and that decreased the sound characteristics as far as popping/crackle but still sounded good when getting on the throttle.
I'll try to get you a video clip up later of my Yukon with the 18" Magnaflow I have on there, you would probably dig it on your truck, and if your cats are clogged you could have all of it done at once at the exhaust shop..

I know this is the Tahoe/Yukon forum, not the tBSS Forum, but it had the 6.0, my Denali has a 6.0, and they sounded very identical... This sounds better than a GP to me:

[YT]watch?v=VMuv5wxkgW0&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Flowmaster with healthy cats as you can see, definitely not quiet: (and it was this loud on the Yukon recently before I replaced with Magnaflow)
[YT]watch?v=CFAg2dPcfww&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Hopes this helps... and trust me, you wont be disappointed with a Magna...

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tahoe035.3

Reaction score
It want let me see the videos? Was the 14" magnaflow about as loud as a flowmaster 40 is? I like how loud flowmaster 40's are, my buddy has one on his Truck with tailpipes and mines dumped but his is so much louder than mine. To me flowmasters are a good median between stock and straights, as far as loudness

Mudfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 14" 4x9 MagnaFlow will be a little quieter than the Flowmaster 40. The 14" 5x8 will be quieter than the 4x9 version.

HoeRyder26

Reaction score
For a straight through (free flow) muffler the Magnaflow series is pretty quiet. I love the performance factor without the drone as a chambered muffler would give (flowmaster ect) . As an exhaust shop manager i Constantly switch lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT MOTORSPORTS