Flex-a-lite Elec Fans OBS write up :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Hey man, bout it brand new off craiglist for 200 bucks, MSRP 550bucks. Everything was in a set, no need for anything besides basic tools. Shop over the internet. cheapest way..

MotRhead

Reaction score
is there a 12v switched wire that you can tap into under the hood? im just about ready to pull the trigger on my set up but cant find a wire to get switched power from under the hood

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im now running e-fan and am also wondering about the overdrive pulley....how much and how affective is it. should i change the under drive pulley also.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
is there a 12v switched wire that you can tap into under the hood? im just about ready to pull the trigger on my set up but cant find a wire to get switched power from under the hood

i actually went to my headunit, i was in your position and needed something fast, and there it was, i should actually pull it out and find a better one tho.. let me know what you get.. ost some pics on here man!!

im now running e-fan and am also wondering about the overdrive pulley....how much and how affective is it. should i change the under drive pulley also.

hey man, well i have the stock pulley on the alternator. My alternator is taking a dump, but yet i can still drive ti around all week and be fine, it just sits at like 13volts. i honestly couldnt tell ya when either or pulley would be needed.. sorry

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
I know this is an old post...but when it comes to removing the existing fan on our rigs, all i literally need to do is take off the blades? Did you leave the shaft the blades were attached to inside the pulley?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
the clutch is attached to the fan blades. Just take that whole assembly off.. Keep the pulley on and put the nuts back onto the pulley or else the pulley will come off while driving.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
Got it - thanks Atomic!!

Also, some info on over/under drive pulleys (there is a LOT more on the web)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underdrive_pulleys
http://www.ehow.com/about_6063472_problems-underdrive-pulley-sets.html

Underdrive increases HP and slows down the power to your accessories. Overdrive decreases HP and increases power to accessories. I've seen some guys that have underdriven their cars for YEARS without issue. If you're running a lot of accessories like our rigs typically do (lights, fans, sound, etc), do NOT UNDER drive your ALTERNATOR pulley or you will run into problems with charging issues.

Just my two cents, hope it helps someone :)

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Underdrive increases HP and slows down the power to your accessories. Overdrive decreases HP and increases power to accessories. I've seen some guys that have underdriven their cars for YEARS without issue. If you're running a lot of accessories like our rigs typically do (lights, fans, sound, etc), do NOT UNDER drive your ALTERNATOR pulley or you will run into problems with charging issues.

Just my two cents, hope it helps someone :)

+1

That's why the kit I got comes with the overdrive pulley for the ALT. Keeps it running at stock rpms.

I've got a link to it somewhere...

Monstar_est87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So let me get this right... Under drive pulley on the motor and overdrive pulley on the alt will keep a stock like balance..? Makes sense...
Atomic- beautifully done...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9