Flex-a-lite Elec Fans OBS write up :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woah Woah...what is a VSC? Never heard of that...
Thought needed a tune...

TO CORRECT UR DROP IN AMPS GET A SMALLER PULLEY AND BELT :)

LINKS TO A VSC MOD!

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Woah Woah...what is a VSC? Never heard of that...
Thought needed a tune...

TO CORRECT UR DROP IN AMPS GET A SMALLER PULLEY AND BELT :)

LINKS TO A VSC MOD!

a VSC is just the black boc that you plug everything into and use a screwdriver as a temp adjuster for the fans.. I thought getting under drive pullies made charging worse but increased horsepower?? how much smaller would the belt need to be? would the tensioner help that out at all?

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ASP is the company that makes the pullies for all alternators.
Tensioner would work too I assume. This is what I hear, I haven't done this yet!

How do you know what temp the screw is at?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
you pretty much have to play around with it until you think its good. watch your temp on the dash and keep adjusting.. well if the underdrive would help i have one local that would work for me..

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
hey Whippled2door.. what did you do to make your upper radiator hose not hit the belt next to the alternator? im thinking of a custom bracket? I can see a small slit in the hose starting to form, just curious.. thanks!

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea theres one in the area for just the crank that i want to get for 40 bucks, but i cant get ahold of the guy. i want to get a bigger alternator anyways, so im not going to wrry with that one.

bass1775

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful with that underdrive pulley. They're usually sold in sets. I have system from summitt on my truck. After installation I had charging issues, I have a 200 amp alt. The underdrive system slowed it down to slow and caused it to fail prematurely. To correct it I purchased an overdive pulley for the alt. This was suggested by the alt. manufacturer, (Power Shot I think) they even told me whereto get it (March Pulleys) and which one to purchase. they fixed my alt. for free. Problem solved. I went from a 96in belt to a 93 in belt. It runs great and they say it's good for about 12 hp. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Careful with that underdrive pulley. They're usually sold in sets. I have system from summitt on my truck. After installation I had charging issues, I have a 200 amp alt. The underdrive system slowed it down to slow and caused it to fail prematurely. To correct it I purchased an overdive pulley for the alt. This was suggested by the alt. manufacturer, (Power Shot I think) they even told me whereto get it (March Pulleys) and which one to purchase. they fixed my alt. for free. Problem solved. I went from a 96in belt to a 93 in belt. It runs great and they say it's good for about 12 hp. Just my 2 cents.

When you did the underdrive pulleys, did you originally just put it on the crank or both the alternator and crank?how much was the overdrive pulley?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where did u order the fans from? and did everything come in a kit or did u have to buy multiple things to make it all work? i wanna do this asap and im gunna go to a few local retailers to see if i can get is soon, and would just like to be educated!! thanks in advance atomic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts