Flashing check engine with traction light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI Driving very long with the CEL flashing is a good way to burn up the catalytic converters.
Yea it’s been parked awaiting parts to come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

roosh725

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news! Replaced cylinder 8 ignition coil and wire, cleared codes and were back in business. Attempted to change the plug also but didn’t have the right elbow to loosen it. I will change them all together in the summer.

Man, is cylinder 8 hard to get to! Went through the wheel well and it was still difficult.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news! Replaced cylinder 8 ignition coil and wire, cleared codes and were back in business. Attempted to change the plug also but didn’t have the right elbow to loosen it. I will change them all together in the summer.

Man, is cylinder 8 hard to get to! Went through the wheel well and it was still difficult.

Yeah I had a fouled #6 plug and it did the same thing. Misfire, transmission acting like shit. Lights and codes flashing. I took it in to a shop that scanned it for free for me. He said it was that cylinder. Take it home and change the spark plugs. Which I did and it ran perfect. That was over a year ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645