Fixes to problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 tahoe that has some things that I want to know if and how I can fix them.
1.The front valence is coming off. Is there somewhere to order another? I know you just slide it on but then it is really bent and doesn't stay on long.tahoe021.jpg

2. My head lights have this film on them that doesn't come off. Is there like a solution I can by to get that off or is it best just to buy new headlights?
tahoe020.jpg
tahoe019.jpg

3. The rear applique or whatever isn't secured all the way on the rear, and it slides up and down and just moves alot. Is that normal or how do I have to go to the dealer to get it secured better? You can see it in the bottom right corner of the applique and the top right corner.

tahoe011-1.jpg

Sorry it's a lot of questions. Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. The valance, if it doesn't have broken tabs them you could secure it tightly.
2. Go to your nearest auto parts store and buy headlight restorer. Many brands make them.
3. I'm pretty sure the appliqué shouldn't move at all you should have it checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks from all the curb rash that valance might have missing tabs.

Headlights are in need of that plastic cleaner stuff, simple.

Hatch inside cover must be removed to gain access to bolts for applique.

steven13608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the back trim piece, those pieces are screwed on from the inside panel, dont bother going to the dealer to get it fixed. just un pop the inner panel and ull see them plenty of holes to get at them. i noticed them wen i did my rear wiper delete on my 08.

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright I will do so. The valence on the front doesnt have the spots to put it on permanately anymore so how should I go about getting a new one?

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping a old post but I looked at the rear hatch and I didn't see anywhere to pop off the inside panel. I was gonna tighten it but I didn't know what to do.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping a old post but I looked at the rear hatch and I didn't see anywhere to pop off the inside panel. I was gonna tighten it but I didn't know what to do.

Take it to the dealership, or a body shop, to get all those issues fixed because it does not look like you have the ability to do it on your own without causing more damage.:Handshake:

OP
OP
R

RollTide2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you're probaly right. The only thing I've ever done to it is change the brakes and put oil in it.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can change brakes.......

Anyway maybe you should go to the dealer this time.

Think about investing in a vehicle specific manual from Helms.

Flowmini98

Reaction score
I ordered my replacement lower valance piece directly from my locla dealer. It was less than $60 and it came with the 2 screws that secure it on each end and all new tabs through the middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420