Fixes and.then maybe not!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys...need some help and knowledge...ive replaced my fuel sending Unit, the fuel pressure regulator, charcoal canister, and pcv valve...but not my fuel filter just yet ( I can't get the effing tool to work)... when cold, the truck idle seems to be fine...when at temp and giving it gas...the idle drops low and struggles to get back to 500 rpm...or dies...itll also die when going into gear. After driving it several miles the idle seems to be ok and the truck runs fine but in park it'll want to die after giving it gas...anyone know what's going on or what i should look into next?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your battery first. Is the truck charging hard when it's running properly? Does the gauge plummet when the idle is low, or just before the idle drops? Only takes a few minutes to rule it out - a weak battery or improper charging can cause havoc with the sensors the computer depends on to manage idle and air/fuel and can cause problems like you describe.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your battery first. Is the truck charging hard when it's running properly? Does the gauge plummet when the idle is low, or just before the idle drops? Only takes a few minutes to rule it out - a weak battery or improper charging can cause havoc with the sensors the computer depends on to manage idle and air/fuel and can cause problems like you describe.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
At start up idle...i can give it gas and it will plummet and either devout or creep back up to idle (500_700 when cd)...im not showing any codes either. My battery is from 2017. I'll have it tested.

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At start up idle...i can give it gas and it will plummet and either die out or creep back up to idle (500_700 when cd)...im not showing any codes either. My battery is from 2017. I'll have it tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65