Fixes and.then maybe not!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you use e85? sometimes these flex fuel set ups need the content sensor reset. need a tech two or the likes to do this tho.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You'll want to know your fuel pressure, key on and while idling and then under load while underway.

The Flex Fuel KOEO (Key On, Engine Off) pressure spec is 48 to 54 psi. And, as @swathdiver said, monitor and log it under the various good and bad conditions when running.

I'd also be looking at short- and long-term fuel trims as it warms up.

OP
OP
Livebai8

Livebai8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Flex Fuel KOEO (Key On, Engine Off) pressure spec is 48 to 54 psi. And, as @swathdiver said, monitor and log it under the various good and bad conditions when running.

I'd also be looking at short- and long-term fuel trims as it warms up.
I haven't checked FP just yet...but I am in Tahoe now...at start it would idle but dies when putting gear...it did this several times up until I was able to travel a mile or so before coming to a stop...it hesitated a bit but didn't die out...got on hwy at 65 for about three miles before coming to a light and truck idled at 500 and at 500 now in parking lot. When dropping into reverse idle fluctuated down to 400 but back up at 500 but not dying out.

I'll check FP later this evening after cool down and dinner.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No...good video but doesn't reflect what my e is doing. I'm not throwing any codes.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Your engine will have an actual fuel composition sensor, and if that's wacky -- one of my oft-used technical terms -- the PCM may have switched to the ethanol tables, codes or not. The sensors are not cheap, and you might look for a way to disable it if the facts point to an issue with it.

Although you'd see this in excessive fuel trim values (as in the video) it wouldn't hurt to check to see if you can view the sensed ethanol % on a scan tool.

The more info you have, the more likely you'll be able to diagnose it. Personally I think you have a vacuum leak that changes with warmup, but that's a WAG on my part, due to the information I have at hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76