Finish Head Job. Now i got Water in Engine OIL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SUp guys.

I just recently change my Head-gasket and The Machine shop did some work on the Head and replace Exhaust Valve and made it all shiny.

I did the Valve Clearange, now it sounds like NEW. weee

but little bit of problem..

The oil was just recently change before it blow an Exhaust Valve on #2 Cylinder.

Now its Kinda MILKY. not to much.

---
I warm up the engine for about 30 minutes. and waited another 30 minutes before i check the oil. and this is what i GOT.

When i remove the head. some water and oil got mix on the top of the Engine. but i vacuum most of it. Will that little mix of oil and water create this much problem?

Here check out the picture of the dipstick. till me what you expert think.. this is my first Head JOB. i dont know what is normal.

Attachments

• IMAG0975.jpg
    IMAG0975.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 26

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
change the oil, run it and check again. You did the heads and didn't change the oil?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I swapped my heads I got about a gallon of antifreeze in the oil. You are supposed to change it after ya know ...

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know guys.. i just go and follow instruction from the Repair manual. it never mention changing oil.

but seens you guys have experience. i change the oil.

Your correct i always have problem... I always have project.. It's a good thing. it teach me things and save MONEY. most of all. Keep me busy, while I'm not working

thanks guys

Don't worry guys. Iam going to get another Tahoe. i get a LIfted one. a BIG one this time. with no problem

1slohoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definatly change the oil ASAP. When I changed my head/gasket I also got almost a gallon of antifreeze out during the oil change. Hopefully you have not run it to much since doing the head.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change the oil. So far. SO GOOD..

NO sight of Leak of any kind of Coolant into the engine oil..

Thanks guys. save me lots of cash of repair

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time will tell....let us know if you see any more related issues. It may take a bit to know for sure if any damage was done to the internals....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667