Finally! Keys, Tires & Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: Posted in wrong section...should probably be moved to Exterior. Sorry

Finally got it done...installed keys, 295/70/17 trail grapplers, Ultra Gauntlet wheels. Front is about an 1" higher, but it will be leveled out after I install 1" rear spacers.

Before:
mytahoe.jpg

After:
MyTahoe049.jpg

Before:
my2003tahoe009.jpg

After:
MyTahoe054.jpg

Before:
my2003tahoe008.jpg

After:
MyTahoe050.jpg

MyTahoe040-1.jpg

MyTahoe041-1.jpg

Only rubs in reverse and at full lock (simple solution is to trim the inner wheel well plastic):
MyTahoe035-1.jpg

MyTahoe038-1.jpg

Keys with 3/4" of bolt left:
IMG_4117.jpg

Still to come...bils 5100 front and rear & 1" rear spacers

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice/help, especially Tahoewhat for taking the time to mess with photoshop to help me decide which wheels!

Last edited:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks nice man.. would love to know the milage life of those tires. log your tire life..

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Looks great, Oliver!! Those tires just make it look mean as hell.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice/help, especially Tahoewhat for taking the time to mess with photoshop to help me decide which wheels!

:Handshake: No problem man, they werent the best at all though.

But looks really good now w/ new rims and all. Im liking it. Good choice in tires and rims.

Looks meaner..

(havent seen you on in awhile here. hiding out) ha ha

OP
OP
polobuds

polobuds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANKS FELLAS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS!!

Way more agressive looking now,good job.

Thanks. Followed your thread for a while before deciding to pull the trigger on mine. Didnt want to go quite as high as you did, but yours looks sick too!

looks nice man.. would love to know the milage life of those tires. log your tire life..

Thanks. Yeah, I don't have any experience with plus size tires, but it definitely feels different. Once I put on the bils and rear spacer, I'm going to get an alignment. But I have noticed a couple of things, especially the speedometer and acceleration. For some reason, and it may just be me, it seems as if I'm going faster than my speedometer reads. And it seems heavier and slower when I accelerate. I've heard that the odometer and speedometer will be affected because of plus size tires/revolutions, but anyone got any explanations or have similar experience?

There is no mileage warranty on the trail grapplers (according to nitto's website), but there is a 5 year duration warranty. I agree, should be interesting to see how long these last. I'm hoping it's the last pair I purchase because they weren't cheap, but a lot cheaper than the Grabber AT2 that I wanted to get.

:Handshake: No problem man, they werent the best at all though.

But looks really good now w/ new rims and all. Im liking it. Good choice in tires and rims.

Looks meaner..

(havent seen you on in awhile here. hiding out) ha ha

Thanks Mike! Yeah, I'm liking the combo I went with. You don't understand how long it took me to decide on this combo. Which is partly why I've been MIA. I stumbled upon the z71 forum and started reading up on keys and spacers. Did my research for a while before pulling the trigger and getting all the necessary accessories to do it. But I haven't forgotten about the HID retrofit. I'm ready to seat the projectors into the housing, and I was getting some good, last minute advice from 05-Z71Tahoe on the best method to do it. Now with the rains coming, it might be a good time to get back to it and finish up.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Looks great, Oliver!! Those tires just make it look mean as hell.

Thanks Scott. After I install the shocks and rear spacers, it'll be back to the good'ol HID retrofit! :headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA