Finally going to try and run some low 13s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had several GMT800 SUVs but I've never been able to keep them long enough to do what I've always wanted, make a performance oriented fullsize SUV. Finally the time has come with my current one. I ordered Tony's lowering kit and it's about 4.5"-5" with new shocks and adjustable panhard bar. After I get my Trailblazer SS back the Yukon will be getting the tapping 5.3 yanked and a ultra low mile LQ9, with some AI worked heads, Fast LSXRT 102mm, long tube with a Flowmaster dual 3" to single 4" merge to my old Duramax exhaust, a built transmission, Yank SS3600, 4.11 gears, diff, and hardened upgraded axles. All the steering components will be replaced, new 20x8 and 20x11 wheels, GMT900 front brakes with stainless lines all around. Now my question is camshaft. I was thinking BTR Stage 4 truck cam but he said I would need the LS1/LS2 Stage 3. My goal was some mid 13s maybe low. My Trailblazer when it was full bolt on it ran 12.8s with about 340whp. I want a cam that has a mild chop and a motor with strong low to midrange.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have had several GMT800 SUVs but I've never been able to keep them long enough to do what I've always wanted, make a performance oriented fullsize SUV. Finally the time has come with my current one. I ordered Tony's lowering kit and it's about 4.5"-5" with new shocks and adjustable panhard bar. After I get my Trailblazer SS back the Yukon will be getting the tapping 5.3 yanked and a ultra low mile LQ9, with some AI worked heads, Fast LSXRT 102mm, long tube with a Flowmaster dual 3" to single 4" merge to my old Duramax exhaust, a built transmission, Yank SS3600, 4.11 gears, diff, and hardened upgraded axles. All the steering components will be replaced, new 20x8 and 20x11 wheels, GMT900 front brakes with stainless lines all around. Now my question is camshaft. I was thinking BTR Stage 4 truck cam but he said I would need the LS1/LS2 Stage 3. My goal was some mid 13s maybe low. My Trailblazer when it was full bolt on it ran 12.8s with about 340whp. I want a cam that has a mild chop and a motor with strong low to midrange.
Sounds like an interesting build.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now I can't decide if I want to paint the Caddy D pillars I got black or white. Since my windows are 5% over all the glass I am afraid that the white would look out of place but if I paint them black they wouldn't look much different than the stock ribbed Tahoe/Yukon D pillars. Then I saw a picture of a white Tahoe with a roll pan and white D pillars and it made it that much more difficult. I think I am going to do a grey work truck grille and bumper and paint the bumper and repaint the bumper pad. Then maybe add a modified HD hood or cowl hood. The roof rack is removed and I think I'm going shave the rear windshield wiper. When the new motor goes in I'd love to lose the chrome and luxury exterior look and go for more of a monochromatic look similar to the new RST.

OP
OP
skyhighsami

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that thread and I think it made up my mind to do a roll pan and paint my Caddy D pillars white. I'm thinking about a grey or black grille and all white bumper. Kind of a sporty look to go with the motor, bigger brakes, and 20x11 rear wheels with a 315 rear tire

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne