Finally found my dream Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronnocoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All!
After shopping for 6 months I've finally acquired my dream (used) Tahoe: 1997,10k miles, solid, straight, and clean. Nothings perfect though, and I'm looking forward to updating all maintenance items and doing a few minor repairs. I'm glad to have found this site and all of you as a resource. Drive safe!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Kevin! Nice find!

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Hello All!
After shopping for 6 months I've finally acquired my dream (used) Tahoe: 1997,10k miles, solid, straight, and clean. Nothings perfect though, and I'm looking forward to updating all maintenance items and doing a few minor repairs. I'm glad to have found this site and all of you as a resource. Drive safe!

There has GOT to be a story behind a find like that!

Do tell...

OP
OP
R

Ronnocoman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There has GOT to be a story behind a find like that!

Do tell...
Was owned by a semi-retired couple that had a second home in my town, and it was the vehicle they left here in the garage for when they flew in for a vacation. A buddy of mine lives next door to them and vouched for their commitment to routine maintenance. It was the lady's car. She bought another Tahoe and says she likes her old one (mine) better!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Fantastic mileage!

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hello All!
Welcome to the forum, it must be a gem. 10k miles is unheard off, please post some pictures. We love pictures around here.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hello All!
I wish I would have come across that rig before you but glad you have it. Don't ever hint at selling it and let us know because we will hound you till one of us gets it.

Anyway, be aware that the age of it dictates some things need to be done even at 10k miles. Fluids, all of them, if it was me. Brake fluid is a must and coolant and diff fluids and transfer case....etc.

Be also aware of the weak point in the fuel system, the spiders for the throttle body. Also, make sure you grease it anywhere there is a grease zerk and pump in grease till you see fresh grease come out and then wipe off the zerk. I would do the fuel filter too and the trans fluid and filter. Get it to a spot where you KNOW what is what and when it was done.
I would also check everything out inside the distributor and pull plugs and inspect and because I am so a-n-a-l, do a compression test when all plugs are out.

If you don't post pics soon, I am going to hold me breath till you do.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Admin/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All!
Did you say 10 thousand miles or was that a typo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont