Finally did it, Yukon Hybrid!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_wood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats! I sold my '08 Hybrid in April and miss it! Are you looking to modify it at all?

OP
OP
L

lt1gmc

Reaction score
Not at this time, thought about the resonator delete, but I am kinda liking not being able to tell if its on electric power or not without looking at the dash. I think its pretty cool that it is that quiet.

Hybrid-Theory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not at this time, thought about the resonator delete, but I am kinda liking not being able to tell if its on electric power or not without looking at the dash. I think its pretty cool that it is that quiet.

You will not notice any sound difference in the vehicle without the resonator at low speeds or low RPM's, it is exactly the same sound. It is only slightly noticeable at mid to high RPM's and ever so slightly at highway speeds. If you stand behind the vehicle it is slightly noticeable at idle. It's actually not even overwhelmingly noticeable at any time, I wondered why they even put it on there in the first place.

I removed my resonator primarily to enhance the appearance from the back and to lose approx. 39 pounds(the weight of the resonator). It looks so much better from the back without the resonator hanging half way under the bumper cover and my muffler guy made the pipe look much better than stock, it follows the body lines now rather than just hanging down.

OP
OP
L

lt1gmc

Reaction score
Thats what I needed to hear, I hate the look of the resonator hanging down, and its a bit crooked/unlevel anyway. Off it is coming. Has anyone else used the SLP tip for a conventional Tahoe? Looks to be a nice piece and at 100 bucks priced well.

Last edited:

kskcheche

Reaction score
Seen this in the wild the other day, Columbia, MO.
Was in the work truck and couldn't catch up to it in traffic. The best I could get.
2mpbjg6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts