Fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99DNRTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new member here. I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't get the search function to work on my phone: I have a 99 2 door former DNR truck, and I'm looking at installing some Bushwacker fender flares. I'm thinking about the 1.25", can anyone with these post a few pics to give me a good idea how they look? I would eventually like to install 33's and want to see if these flares will provide adequate coverage. Also, what is the minimum lift I would need to prevent rubbing?

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, new member here. I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't get the search function to work on my phone: I have a 99 2 door former DNR truck, and I'm looking at installing some Bushwacker fender flares. I'm thinking about the 1.25", can anyone with these post a few pics to give me a good idea how they look? I would eventually like to install 33's and want to see if these flares will provide adequate coverage. Also, what is the minimum lift I would need to prevent rubbing?

Go to your local pick-n-pull, you can take the flares off ANY 88-98 pickup truck, and they will fit your 2dr just fine. You can try to reuse the stock mounting flanges, or you can drill holes in them, and use screw caps (like Bushwacker cutouts.

I did this exact thing on my 4 door, mounted the flares on the back fenderwell and the door... then used a sawzall to follow the contour of the door, made the rear flares 2-piece deals... I also stretched the front flares out a bit front-to-back after trimming the edges of my fenderwells, netted me about an extra inch of clearance. Can easily clear 285/75/16's (33's) on aftermarkeyt 16x8 rims, with 1 1/4" less backspacing than stock.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I rock oem 4x4 flares on my 2dr and im sure i can fit 33s no rubbing. I want pocket style flares tho

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20120515_083822.jpg
[/IMG]

I purchased a set of fender flares off of ebay, had them painted to match. I run 305/50r20s all terrain Kumho tires. No lift, just torsions bars adjusted up a little. The only rubbing I get is left front tire rubs on fender liner when turn half way and hitting large bumps at the same time. Never rubs during normal everday driving. Granted only a 32 inch tire, but it is 12 inchs wide.

Last edited:

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
97Yukon4x4
Nice looking truck!
Been thinking about adding the OEM flares to my truck but.................

Are those the adhesive mounted flares on the top side or did you have to drill holes?
Do they seem as sturdy as the OEM flares?
How do you like the flares, fit, quality,cost?
Can you post up the manufacturer or Ebay link

Thanks,
Tbruz

97Yukon4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
97Yukon4x4
Nice looking truck!
Been thinking about adding the OEM flares to my truck but.................

Are those the adhesive mounted flares on the top side or did you have to drill holes?
Do they seem as sturdy as the OEM flares?
How do you like the flares, fit, quality,cost?
Can you post up the manufacturer or Ebay link

Thanks,
Tbruz

Thanks,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Piece-Fro...ts=Make:Chevrolet&hash=item27c9b06039&vxp=mtr

At first I thought they looked cheap. But, stronger feeling than factory ones. (factory ones feel like foamy kinda) these are abs plastic, and after having them painted and installed they fit great.. They have an adhesive top edge and you have to drill holes in the bottom edge on fender lip. My Yukon came with factory flares so on the very front you can see a small line where they wore the paint out. Small spot by the headlamps. No biggie.

vmi332

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Piece-Fro...ts=Make:Chevrolet&hash=item27c9b06039&vxp=mtr

At first I thought they looked cheap. But, stronger feeling than factory ones. (factory ones feel like foamy kinda) these are abs plastic, and after having them painted and installed they fit great.. They have an adhesive top edge and you have to drill holes in the bottom edge on fender lip. My Yukon came with factory flares so on the very front you can see a small line where they wore the paint out. Small spot by the headlamps. No biggie.

What type of wheels are you running they look great.

OP
OP

99DNRTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you 97 Yukon 4x4, that is exactly the picture I was looking for, clean truck and the same color too! I will definitely check out those eBay flares, but I planned on leaving them black or possibly bed liner coating them, do they come textured or smooth? Unfortunately my lift and wheel/tire combo is on hold for now, just put in a new fuel pump, filter, spider injector and MAF. Truck runs like a beast now! This is the 2nd time replacing the pump, went OEM this time. I know it's been said before but DO NOT use an aftermarket fuel pump, my cheapo AutoZone one went out in just over a year. Put in the updated injector unit too, so hopefully won't have to do that again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn