Fan Shroud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James2400

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys so i just need a little info here about the fan shroud on a 01 yukon 4.8

Now i know the yukon has the option to install two size radiators. I recently changed out the what i can assume was the big radiator because when i put the other one in the screws went into the secondary holes and it was smaller by measurment.

Now my question to you is will the same fan shroud fit the smaller of the radiators because i was having trouble with fitment and couldnt get it on.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Why did you use a different radiator to begin with? Should have stayed with the stock one. If you insist on the different rad then you will have to adapt the shroud. The option radiator was not just because you could d either or, it was because of build codes and what is supposed to be in that vehicle.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a 28 inch radiator, and a 34 inch radiator. And they both have different sized fan shrouds to fit the radiator. You can upgrade to a 34" if you have the small radiator, but not vice versa. If your truck came with a 34" and you replace it with a 28" then you can (and most likely WILL) have overheating issues.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am sure the build code dictates what radiator should be on that vehicle. basically the problem was created by James. So, James, stop doing that.

OP
OP
J

James2400

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look man i just needed that info so if it is i can buy one. The mechanic bought it not me so i didnt create shit just left with a bill and a story on why he couldnt get it . why do you think im the one fixing it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dimi3

Latest posts