Factory subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it's funny how they changed little things like this. But that 00-02 box will fit in the 03-06 models Tahoe/Yukon.

However, the Suburban/XL is the same style box, but bigger to accommodate longer body and distance from wheel well to back.

They will not fit each other due to the length.

BentleyArnage

Reaction score
Great advice guys. So my first small project while recovering from neck surgery was to install the Kicker 8' sub bass. I had to hog out the box for the sub to fit. The old dremel did the trick. Used some wood screws to secure the sub and in it went. The sound is great. Dialed it back a bunch.

I threw some 6.5 kickers in the front doors. What an improvement! Need to do the rears, but today the Android radio went in. There is such a big difference in sound quality using the phone's hotspot to get data to the Android radio vs bluetooth streaming from the phone. Night and day.

Between physical therapy and work, I'm one tired and sore guy. But it keeps getting better. Won't be long before I'm back to the Bentley sub project. This one should be crazy.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Great advice guys. So my first small project while recovering from neck surgery was to install the Kicker 8' sub bass. I had to hog out the box for the sub to fit. The old dremel did the trick. Used some wood screws to secure the sub and in it went. The sound is great. Dialed it back a bunch.

I threw some 6.5 kickers in the front doors. What an improvement! Need to do the rears, but today the Android radio went in. There is such a big difference in sound quality using the phone's hotspot to get data to the Android radio vs bluetooth streaming from the phone. Night and day.

Between physical therapy and work, I'm one tired and sore guy. But it keeps getting better. Won't be long before I'm back to the Bentley sub project. This one should be crazy.
Good to see you back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog