Factory Service Manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Acosta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for a factory service manual - preferably on CD for my 05 Tahoe.
I try to buy one for all of my vehicles, and have found them to be the most useful tool. I have only seen the multi-book sets for a fairly high price point. Anybody know of a place to buy the CD or PDF version?

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad deal!! I bought the books, they come in really handy. Might have went with the PDF had I seen that.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer the books but they were more than I wanted to spend. I've gotten used to the search feature within Adobe which the books of course don't have.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These shop manuals are getting more expensive each year, not to mention needing a truss to carry all the volumes. I used for years the GM ESI DVD which covered every single vehicle from 1996 to 2006, now I just use Alldata Diy.. I find its the same as the GM shop manuals as it uses the same material only its more up to date with the recalls etc.. Two books I would never use are the Chilton and the really horrible Haynes.

Tkrysl

Reaction score
I just picked up the digital version this week on eBay for $10. Here is the link if anyone is interested. He emailed me the link to download within a few hours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-TAHOE-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-REPAIR-SERVICE-WORKSHOP-MANUAL/263390456797?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Is it legit? I can't see a file that big coming through an email?!

There are some reviews that say his manuals are not real GM manuals, but fakes.

Last edited:

Teeroy78

Reaction score
@swathdiver Thank you James for the pointer about seriousctbuyer on eBay. I've got some work to do on my truck and have been considering my options.

I checked out the Haynes manual at the local library. Flipping through the pages for maybe 20 minutes and I spotted so many errors that I don't trust the book, and at the other end of the spectrum I can't bring myself to spend $500 Canadian shipped for the specific Helm manual GMT09CKUV for my 2009 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLT 4x4.

I am considering AllDataDIY based on some other comments you've posted. At the 5 year subscription rate, I could pay for it for 35 years compared to the Helm books lol! But now that I can get a DVD for just over $50 Canadian shipped, that's very tempting. How do you find it for level of detail James (or anybody else who has the seriousctbuyer eBay DVD for their series)? I looked through the two sample cars they provide, and I found them okay but not great. Lots of times I was hoping for an actual procedure but all I got was part numbers or the labour hours required. How does your DVD (presumably we'd have the same one, eBay 262862340965) compare to AllDataDIY, and why do you have both?

Thanks!

Teeroy78

Reaction score
Rereading my post, I had done some editing and royally messed up the train of thought flow... :) Let's try that last paragraph again!

I am considering AllDataDIY based on some other comments you've posted. At the 5 year subscription rate, I could pay for it for 35 years compared to the Helm books lol! I looked through the two sample cars AllDataDIY provides (2009 Nissan Altima, 2001 Ford ******), and I found them okay but not great. Lots of times when I browsed for something I was hoping for an actual procedure but all I got was part numbers or the labour hours required. Now if I can get a DVD from eBay for just over $50 Canadian shipped, that's very tempting. James, how do you find the seriousctbuyer eBay DVD for level of detail? Not just parts, but troubleshooting and procedures? How does your DVD (presumably we'd have the same one, eBay 262862340965) compare to AllDataDIY, and why do you have both?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro

Latest posts