Factory Bose questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok, I was able to run by the house quick and found the decal.

010201894127.jpg

Also, while digging around in the truck, a lot more, I found all of the information that came with the truck when it was new and a lot of other info. Found the factory OnStar packet, unopened, the XM Raio packet, unopened, all of the owners manuals, warranty info booklet, and to my surprise, even the original window sticker from when it was new and I guess I have a flex fuel 5.3, something I did not know. I also found an insurance claim and a complete repair invoice from a dealership for some front end damage repair in 2011. Hmmm... They sure did a great job fixing it cause I never would have guessed it. And a few other misc things. I have only had this truck for a month and to be honest, I never looked under the rear seats really but i'm glad I did.

You can send a PM to @GM Customer Service with your Email and VIN requesting a build sheet, and it will list what all the RPOs mean.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That hyundai radio in there is the most ridiculous thing i have seen on here to date. Thats worse than throwing in a $20 pawn shop el cheapo head unit lol. I can only imagine how bad the wiring is going to be, as I'm sure the factory head unit connector was chopped off and it was all butt connectored. I'd get a nice set of strippers for connecting the pac unit to the wiring, might as well direct wire it leaving as much slack as possible.
That being said.....my 04 LT with bose has "bose" on the front door speaker grills and the amp is buried under the center console storage compartment, have to unscrew the top lid, and the black storage box and pull it out to get access. To get the the sub, the center console has to be removed, its up in front of/below the cup holders under the dash.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could find a used factory head unit from a junkyard. I have an '05 with the factory NAV and Bose. The radio is fine but the NAV must be updated periodically with a $200 CD, which I refuse to buy. The CD has to be in unit for the NAV to work, which it only does sporadically. A good aftermarket head would be a better choice if cost is not a big concern.

The Bose speaker in my driver's door sounds like the cone has failed. It rattles at fairly low volume Not sure what to do about it.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that radio looks just like the 6 disk changer i got im my 05 with bose. missing some trim clearly around the edges.

those rear console controls are for the rear entertainment system, back seat can listen to the dvd, the cd player, or xm, or the radio. pretty much what ever the front seats are not listening to, the back seats can play. all this is in the manual. truck new came with a remote and two head phone's. mine are missing like im sure most peoples are when you buy it used.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
that radio looks just like the 6 disk changer i got im my 05 with bose. missing some trim clearly around the edges.

those rear console controls are for the rear entertainment system, back seat can listen to the dvd, the cd player, or xm, or the radio. pretty much what ever the front seats are not listening to, the back seats can play. all this is in the manual. truck new came with a remote and two head phone's. mine are missing like im sure most peoples are when you buy it used.

Was one of my surprises when I bought mine. Both sets of phones and the remote still in the bags and the protective film still on the flip down.... Lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo