Extended Warranty by Dealer Offered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pvtser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi...I have a 2016 Yukon SLE with tow package and a little over 20k on the odometer. The dealer is offering me a 100 k mile ( or 6 years) new car coverage at $3800 . First service requires a $100 deductible. After which there is no more no deductible. Basically $589 per year. I typically don't buy extended warranties but at $49 a month it may not be a bad investment considering the cost of dealer service these days. I plan on keeping the truck at least another 6 years. Looking for some feedback.
Art

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it's a gamble but it can pay out well if it rolls in your favor, it can give a piece of mind that you wont have to worry about any major repairs should something crop up. The odds are better than blackjack. just keep in mind if you choose to take the coverage that you must do regular scheduled maintenance and have a record of it, because if you don't that is there one way out. you can't just drive it till the wheels fall off then expect them to fix it if you didn't keep it up accordingly. that's my 2 cents

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the warranty actually through the dealer or a third party (that's being offered by the dealer)? That can make a difference. If it's the dealer, then I'd do it. Third party? I'd research them very, very good first. Lots of bad stories out there.

Given it's a '16 I'm guessing it's through the actually dealer.

OP
OP
P

pvtser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the warranty actually through the dealer or a third party (that's being offered by the dealer)? That can make a difference. If it's the dealer, then I'd do it. Third party? I'd research them very, very good first. Lots of bad stories out there.

Given it's a '16 I'm guessing it's through the actually dealer.

OP
OP
P

pvtser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi...its through the dealer and they use American Guardian Warranty Services of Florida as their third party. Great idea about checking them out..tx

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi...its through the dealer and they use American Guardian Warranty Services of Florida as their third party. Great idea about checking them out..tx
Just put some research time in. I've read a lot of stories about things that third party's didn't want to cover, taking too long to get things done, etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warranty repairs take time to do because it works like a auto accident, the adjuster has to schedule a appointment to come and verify if repairs are real and covered, then they squabble over prices and parts and who will supply them often the insurance will want to use remaned parts from there own supplier so they have to check prices and availability and compare them to what the shop charges, and it goes back forth like that so it can take a while just to get authorization to do the work or order parts. been there done that.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Is the warranty useable at any gm dealer or just your dealer? What does a gm warranty cost?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi...I have a 2016 Yukon SLE with tow package and a little over 20k on the odometer. The dealer is offering me a 100 k mile ( or 6 years) new car coverage at $3800 . First service requires a $100 deductible. After which there is no more no deductible. Basically $589 per year. I typically don't buy extended warranties but at $49 a month it may not be a bad investment considering the cost of dealer service these days. I plan on keeping the truck at least another 6 years. Looking for some feedback.
Art

That seems crazy expensive...Put $4k in a savings account and draw from it as needed for repairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne