Extended warrant for 2021's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up guys- Just wondering if the extended warranty is a good option for a 2021 Tahoe (Duramax 3.0)

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one and just folded it into the purchase price. Could be a waste of money or the best money ever spent. All I know it for as long as I’ll probably have it (based on previous length of ownerships) I’m covered. It only takes one air suspension or power boards issue and this will have been a good investment…..

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys- Just wondering if the extended warranty is a good option for a 2021 Tahoe (Duramax 3.0)
Time will tell. I bought one for mine. I keep my vehicles a decade or more. I don't have a long commute these days (retired) and I have other vehicles, so it's not the mileage so much i'm thinking about. If there's a weak part somewhere I've found it usually shows up just after the three year warranty. With a relatively new engine design, I thought it was good peace of mind. Don't forget that the warranty is a negotiable item. They're still not cheap, but I've found they will come down off the first price they quote.

yukontruckman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The powertrain comes with 5 year 100K - what kind of warranty are you looking at?

5 year, 60K powertrain now unfortunately. I believe 2015 was the last model year of 5/100K.

Edit I guess that's only for gasoline. The diesel has 5/100K.

Last edited:

100cars

Reaction score
5 year, 60K powertrain now unfortunately. I believe 2015 was the last model year of 5/100K.

Edit I guess that's only for gasoline. The diesel has 5/100K.
I was just getting ready to refer you to the other thread I posted about this until i saw your edit. :)

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Statistically the consumer loses with extended warranties which are a big money maker for insurance companies (source consumer reports) but of course it's a dice roll that you could also win.

MAYukoner

Reaction score
This rig. New year. I spent on it. Dropping 85k. Little more isn’t a big desl

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the extended warranty gives one the confidence to hold on to the vehicle for a couple more years it could be considered a cost saving.

deezydo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also bought the full extended warranty on my 2021 CPO Tahoe. You're already dropping a good amount on the car, and I'm planning on keeping this truck for a long time. Bumper to Bumper 100k sounds good in the long run for my needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts