Experience with Dorman window regulators?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they suck?

Anyone tried them?

I think Dorman is the only aftermarket company I would trust, but wondering if anyone has had experience with their window regulators?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can't be any worse than any other china knockoff's, I have purchased whatever the autoparts store happened to have in stock and never had a problem with them lasting seemingly forever.

OP
OP
Rayyy

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I’ve heard that window regulators especially are components that are better to get OEM (AC Delco), but Dorman is a long-standing aftermarket brand, so figure I’d give them a shot.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some people take the door panels off and grease them up once in a while, I'm generally not THAT ambitious lol

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a dorman power window regulator in an 03 trailblazer. Lasted 6 years before I sold the truck so I vote yeah, go for it...

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I put a Dorman into my rear passenger's door. No problems with the install. The motor is a little faster than the other windows (might be the other window rails are gunked up in comparison) and also a little noisier, but it doesn't bother me.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything Dorman I’ve ever used has been junk, I avoid them like the plague. I haven’t specifically tried regulators though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645