exhaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indulf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my new to me 04 denali looks like it needs a catalytic converter on the driver's side. prices are stupid.

are there weld-in options that i can DIY? i can weld it myself.

are there complete manifold back systems i should look at too? in for a penny, in for a pound right? :)

thanks yall. working my way through this thing has been fun so far, and this is probably the last major piece before it's 100%. a nice exhaust that would correct my problem while setting me up for that future rebuild would be nice. plus, more noise :)

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well if you plan to do a rebuild with more powah and headers with a full exhaust all the way back. Just grab a universal off the shelf magnaflow cat for now and welded it in. Then when you dive in with full length headers which would need a new y pipe anyway your only out the price of one cat.

BlkYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would it run funny or rich with a cat on only one side?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most likely as your o2 sensors are monitoring both sides if there is only a cat on one side it's going to see nominal on one side and think there is a problem with the other.

Reaction score
I had my left cat cut out and a Walker welded in. Been two years. No problems. I considered the full Y replacement that Magnaflow offers. But like you said, $$$, and OEM $$$$. With 262k miles, I just couldn't justify the cost at the time.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Reaction score

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but I thought they had a unit that was CARB compliant. That has to be such a PITA, sorry I didn't catch that in earlier posts, nothing i'm used to looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccubbinsjl