Exhaust make it louder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18,5.3 has a XS1259, no res and a 4x2 tip out the side where OEM tail would be. It’s just not loud enough at WOT, what can we do to make it louder? SP is not going to work because that will just be f***Boi loud no matter what.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same muffler but I left the resonator this time because on my previous hoe I did the resonator delete. If you want it louder but not f u kboi loud try highflow cats

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of options out there, but only you can determine if it is too loud. Some manufacturers give stats on how much louder their exhausts are in terms of decibels of sound, as compared to OEM.

I have the Gibson Extreme cat-back dual exhaust system, but it would most likely be too loud for your tastes.

Lots of folks here have made mods to their exhaust systems for increased sound, and they will chime in with their thoughts.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same muffler but I left the resonator this time because on my previous hoe I did the resonator delete. If you want it louder but not f u kboi loud try highflow cats
I’m in California, I’m pretty sure it’s best to not touch the cats. Even the third could yield a bad test from a visual stand point.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I narrowed down my choices, magnaflow 14419 or cherrybomb m80 black.

I’ve searched YouTube for 2018 or equivalent chevy with 5.3 and those choice of pipes with not many videos.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I narrowed down my choices, magnaflow 14419 or cherrybomb m80 black.

I’ve searched YouTube for 2018 or equivalent chevy with 5.3 and those choice of pipes with not many videos.
Lots of Magnaflow users on this Forum.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If someone has a cold start, and a decent rev after warm up video with either of the mentioned mufflers I listed above please share?

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AP XS1259 is a copy of the Magnaflow muffler