Exhaust Flange?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can purchase exhaust flanges for a 2001 Tahoe 5.3 liter? When I have my new magnaflow muffler welded on I want to be able to remove it when I get the funds for a LPP LT's.

Thanks,
Tyler

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he's looking for flanges that can be welded to the muffler, essentially making it a bolt-on, this way when he goes back later to add his LPP's, it's just unbolting the muffler instead of cutting.

Try going to a local muffler shop and see if they can help you out. They might have the parts and can sell them cheap...or maybe even give them to you if they install the muffler.

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he's looking for flanges that can be welded to the muffler, essentially making it a bolt-on, this way when he goes back later to add his LPP's, it's just unbolting the muffler instead of cutting.

Try going to a local muffler shop and see if they can help you out. They might have the parts and can sell them cheap...or maybe even give them to you if they install the muffler.

Dead on! Yeah, sorry I should have given a little more detail. I ended up making some calls and the Local Meineke said he could have them...Maybe. He also said that I could cut my stock one off and let them use it for the new muffler OR get another one from a wrecked truck. Hopefully, I can come up with something soon.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you bolt the LPP's, are you using the ORY? If so, I think the muffler is far enough back it won't change, form now or later when you add the headers.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
off road ypipe...hooks up after the headers, then runs back into your stock pipe.

GM1500Y

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't see your reply until now...I will be using the ORY. Thats why when I have the new muffler welded on Instead of having it permanent to the old system have it where I can bolt and un-bolt from the old to the new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401