Exhaust cut outs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JDopirak

JDopirak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you gotta hear a cam?

Because I like to hear the loping of the cam from time to

But then again, I like sleepers.... Lol

Wouldn't a leaky valve cause turbulance in the exhaust flow, and in a way affect power output?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't understand why you gotta hear a cam?

But then again, I like sleepers.... Lol

Wouldn't a leaky valve cause turbulance in the exhaust flow, and in a way affect power output?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why I gotta hear the cam? Because I'm still a car guy and like to hear the thump thump of the cam, What did you think I installed a cam just for power gains!!??

And as stated before I like it to be mostly quiet most of the time aka sleeper.

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 07 Escalade I went with a vacuum actuated exhaust cutout with wireless remote/app control. You can't adjust the opening, it's either open or closed. The pump has an app that works with an OBD2 Bluetooth plug that you can program to open and close at certain RPMs. I don't use it because I programmed the remote to work with the first 2 Homelink buttons.

Since no one really made a vacuum cutout for 3.5" exhaust, I had to kind of Frankenstein parts together. I had to weld the cutout to the flange after I cut the flange down a bit and used butt joints to tie it altogether. I mounted the vacuum pump/remote relay under the cupholders in the center console. When the cutout isn't open, the exhaust goes through a Magnaflow 12909.

Eventually I'll install a turndown and maybe a small resonator to clean up the sound a little. I have a similar setup on my 2000 Tahoe. I've used an electronic cutout in the past and IMO, they can't stand up to the heat. I had two of them go out in less than a month.

Here's a list of the parts I used:

3" Vacuum Cutout
Cutout Valve Pump Control
3.5" to 2.5" flange
3.5" Stainless Cutout
3.5" Butt Joint Exhaust Clamps (2)

PicsArt_02-23-12.18.39.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.15.21.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.25.33.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.26.01.jpg
PicsArt_02-23-12.26.45.jpg

Forum statistics