Everyone happy with their belltech street performance shocks??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I think I'm leaning towards comfort this go around, especially since it's bone jarring now. Although I'd hate for it to feel squishy or sloppy when I take corners at speed.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
I've had my SP shocks for about 2 yrs now, happy with them.

Ride: They are alittle soft, but were a great upgrade over my very soft DJM shocks I had on previously and better then stocks. But softer then the Doetsch Tech nitro slammers and Bilsteins I've had on before. They are very nice riding shocks tho, and did help the suspensions ride performance and feel. Still stiff enough to take corners at a good click and hit bumps without alot of side to side or bounce, but soft enough to not jar you over speed bumps.

Quality: good. No issues with fit or finish. Have held up nicely, no issues.

Problems: They have gotten alittle spongy recently, but not bad. I mostly notice at highway speeds over dips and going cross/sideways over dips/water gullies on streets it does alittle back n forth. But not bad, super soft or unsafe, just alittle but more bounce then before. It just recently started getting worse, but hoping to get alittle more life out of them. But all in all, no real complaints, and would definitely get them again. But may go back to Bilstein or Doetsch Tech. I like alittle stiffer suspension personally, but the SP shocks are a great improvement over stock for sure.

Price: is what it is. Cheaper stuff out there, but cheaper stuff out there. If u know what I mean.

Summary: I would recommend them and purchase again. Good, quality shocks at a decent price. Alittle on the softer side compared to some others,all in preference, but not bad, and feel good. Soft over bumps, good dampening and stiff enough not to porpoise or dip on hard braking or turns. Mine seem to be getting alittle spongy after 2 yrs, but not blown.

But shocks are only as good as the suspension setup there on, IMO. Shocks are meant to control spring and suspension movement. So having the right size, length, valved shocks, especially being lowered, coupled with a properly setup suspension is all crucial to making the ride enjoyable not annoying.. My .02¢ and suspension feel is subjective from person to person

Thanks BUDDY! After reading your post about 6 times in the last 3 days, i just ordered 2 to my door for $110 from JC Whitney store off ebay....
Yours and Jacobs opinion was spot on. I have the SP in the rear....why not the front? And you know how much I drive my Yukon.... Its sad. I checked my oil change sticker and I changed the oil last June and only put 1200 miles on it since then.......:pp:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
with the djm kit all 4 i would go with the sp shocks. Thats how i sell the kit and beat jc witneys price all the time and can help you with any questinos 24/7

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
with the djm kit all 4 i would go with the sp shocks. Thats how i sell the kit and beat jc witneys price all the time and can help you with any questinos 24/7

I got the kit from you Tony about a year ago and I now see you have the BT SP's for the front offered in your newest revision of your 3/5.5 kits. I would of definitely bought them from you, I just didnt think you would of shipped them for free.
On a side note, everthing is holding up well and I will be doing A LOT of towing this year with it and +2 on your recommendation of the helper bags!
:Handshake:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Thanks BUDDY! After reading your post about 6 times in the last 3 days, i just ordered 2 to my door for $110 from JC Whitney store off ebay....
Yours and Jacobs opinion was spot on. I have the SP in the rear....why not the front? And you know how much I drive my Yukon.... Its sad. I checked my oil change sticker and I changed the oil last June and only put 1200 miles on it since then.......:pp:

Nice, dayum!! I wish I didn't drive my rig as much as u. I'm putting almost 100 miles a day! On mine. Starting to add up quick like. I need to go get me alittle hugo or something to tax on.
Good deal on the SPs tho. Since your not putting many miles on em, shuld last u some time. Mine r really started to bug me lately. I switched out the rears for my old DT shocks, better. But fronts SP, n on freeway has an annoying squish on dips. Bounce is getting worse all situations. But they r soft, I'll give them that. I've also been running em for awhile now. Not hatin, just sayin
Good news is, got my SS front bumper installed, Denali rear bumper installed, n got my running boards back to black. She is almost where I am done, lmfao, right.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
Nice, dayum!! I wish I didn't drive my rig as much as u. I'm putting almost 100 miles a day! On mine. Starting to add up quick like. I need to go get me alittle hugo or something to tax on.
Good deal on the SPs tho. Since your not putting many miles on em, shuld last u some time. Mine r really started to bug me lately. I switched out the rears for my old DT shocks, better. But fronts SP, n on freeway has an annoying squish on dips. Bounce is getting worse all situations. But they r soft, I'll give them that. I've also been running em for awhile now. Not hatin, just sayin
Good news is, got my SS front bumper installed, Denali rear bumper installed, n got my running boards back to black. She is almost where I am done, lmfao, right.

Wait a minute....You went back to black on the running boards??? Yea,once you go black.......LOL!
Yea the front SP's are so much better than them Calmax shocks.... I dont know how I didnt change them out sooner.
Now my steering gear box is going I think... No power steering when I turn left,unless I rev the motor. Plenty of steering towards the right. UGH! always something.....
When do we get to see that SS bumper??:popcorn:

OP
OP
tsb09000

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Well I got a pretty good deal on a full set so I jumped on it and got them installed last Saturday. It definately helped, especially with the rattling feeling over multiple little bumps but it didn't fix my boat sway. I have another thread about that. I also installed new jounce stops hoping that was the culprit but it does the same thing, as soon as I hit 70 mph and hit a bump or jerk my steering wheel the back sways/rocks back and forth, like a boat feeling. It's obviously hard to explain but I'm going to get an alignment in the near future so I'm hoping that will take care of it.

Back to the shocks. They ARE an improvement but I was expecting just a little more of a smoother ride. I'm guessing the roughness is more suspension related than shocks though. I haven't driven it a ton since putting them on but will make another post after driving it more. Whiteout has me nervous about how long they'll last but maybe I'll get lucky with that.

Thanks for the input everybody and I'll be back to report after a few more miles

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing lasts as good as the factory shocks imo.

And everything needs replacement about 50-60 k anyway.

Yuko04

"SquareBODluvr"
Reaction score
^^^ I heard that......:D
Tsb09000 you might want to get swaybars or panhard bar.

sent from " 2 snaps and a rewind"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87