Escalade side mirrors on a Tahoe LTZ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

orlopez_oc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LT. No power folding and no turn signal. If I upgrade to escalade ones will the turn signal work? And to make the power folding function work, is it just as simple as upgrading the window switch?

Am really interested in this upgrade. Thanks in advance.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t find anything but the chrome ones on eBay and I’m fed not about the bling

You'll have to get them painted but at least it's not a "Tri Coat" color.

Best way I found to get the caps off was to start at the bottom with a plastic/nylon pry tool.

Several informative videos on this thread, start at the beginning.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LT. No power folding and no turn signal. If I upgrade to escalade ones will the turn signal work? And to make the power folding function work, is it just as simple as upgrading the window switch?

More than likely , you will need the wiring harness that has those "goodies" and the switch.

I'm a late arrival to this thread and read it from the beginning to end several times before swapping mine out a couple weeks ago. I was fortunate to find a white that matched my White frost tri coat. Get some extra door "clips" just in case.

There are a lot of helpful members on this thread . Good luck.......

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah you'd have to buy a new door switch and verify that the harnesses are wired to accomodate. I believe the harnesses have the turn and fold built in but you just have to add a switch and appropriate mirror. Search the web on that though to verify. I saw a how-to formun post for adding power to a non-power truck (dont remember if i added it somewhere along in this thread). I think it was a gmtruckclub.

Xavier Adames

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
More than likely , you will need the wiring harness that has those "goodies" and the switch.

I'm a late arrival to this thread and read it from the beginning to end several times before swapping mine out a couple weeks ago. I was fortunate to find a white that matched my White frost tri coat. Get some extra door "clips" just in case.

My question has anyone found success with the needed harness and switch? I know the radio is what controls those options. I ordered the switch now do I need the harness you listed? Can MVI add the options into the HMI??

Last edited:

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Were you able to get the mirrors in White First Tri Coat?? I just bought a pair of Escalade mirrors that are Crystal White Tri Coat and I'm anxious to see how close they are in color.

OP
OP
T

TooMuchTxn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Escalade tri-coat on my Tahoe. They are not the same. However... no one can tell except me and my father of my friends and family. The Escalade is a tad more yellow than the white diamond tri-coat. I think I have photos at the beginning of the thread if my install and you can see them.

ncpepperman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Escalade tri-coat on my Tahoe. They are not the same. However... no one can tell except me and my father of my friends and family. The Escalade is a tad more yellow than the white diamond tri-coat. I think I have photos at the beginning of the thread if my install and you can see them.
Close enough for me too....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb