Escalade rear vent caps on Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
For some reason this reminds me of a storm trooper! Lol. I think this one wouldn't look bad with them painted black.

Totally storm trooper. Now @Bigbeardenali1992 has me staring at mine and second guessing it... Lol. Maybe I'll plasti dip one white just to see.

Edit: I think maybe it's the top rear corner of the quarter window molding being that high sharp corner that gets me.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with white! Haha. They’re gonna look like hell because you’re using plastidip instead of actual paint!! :D

You're an idiot, chase. The plastidip is just to MAKE SURE you're an idiot and I don't go painting them white because some idiot told me continous windows are dumb. Lol

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Color match looks good on dark trucks. I've seen the white (yuck) and even the pewter and an not a fan. I'm the light ones, I prefer black to keep the rear windows looking continuous.

I'm with you... I have seen white ones, and it just stands out too much. I prefer a little more subtle.

Just like on a white Yukon I dont like a white gmc emblem... I much prefer my black one

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I'm with you... I have seen white ones, and it just stands out too much. I prefer a little more subtle.

Just like on a white Yukon I dont like a white gmc emblem... I much prefer my black one

I've always thought that. The more I look at the pictures I posted earlier in the thread, the more I might explore it a bit. Plus I've got @Bigbeardenali1992 ringing in my ears....

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, this thread answered my question.... Escalade caps.....
I want to paint to match... Carbon Metallic....

I have a 2005 Yukon XL..... what year should I look for fit, or does that matter as long as the body is same?

What paint to cover the plastic?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well, this thread answered my question.... Escalade caps.....
I want to paint to match... Carbon Metallic....

I have a 2005 Yukon XL..... what year should I look for fit, or does that matter as long as the body is same?

What paint to cover the plastic?
Doesn't matter the year, just stay within the nbs years. As for paint, just reg paint, nothing fancy. Prep as per usual if you're doing it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons