Escalade Mirror Upgrade Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diagnosing update:
Each Window will only work from its own switch (Master Driver Door Switch will not operate any other window) Swapping another Master Switch - same results

Swapping back to original DL8 Mirror Switch and connecting DL8 Mirrors back to the door harness - 4 ways do not work on either mirror.

DL8 Mirror Switch and connecting Esky Mirrors - 4 ways do not work either mirror.

Further visual inspection of the backside DL8 and DL3 connection plug keys do appear different as in the DL8 has a single large key and the DL3 switch has a split two notch key. (is this a possible issue, are there more than one DL3 switch?)

DL8 vs DL3 Switch.JPG
DL8 vs DL3 Switch split.JPG

If the switch was wrong could this be why my Master Window Switch stopped working?
Is there any type of reset?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Master Window Switch solved - It ended up being a blown 10a fuse, specifically #18 "Mirror Window Module" fuse in the drivers side fuse panel.

4 Way Mirrors now work in both mirrors with the DL8 non-folding switch, Turn Signals and Puddle Lights also working so far, all of which are new options with the ESKY Mirrors.

So question now - did I get the wrong DL3 Switch and this caused the BWM 10a fuse to blow?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So researching it appears there are indeed two different DL3 Power Folding Mirror Switches.

Trying to determine if the two split notch is a with seat memory switch and the single large notch is w/o memory

Switch Differences.JPG

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Art. Just saw your email.

To all, I build these and other harnesses on the side during nights and weekends around my day job and family commitments. So I don't have a lot of spare time for the forums, but am happy to help where/when I can. Phil (Harness Dr) and I work together, referring customers (trucks for him, suvs for me), etc. I've come close to standing up a website a few times, but worry that the flood of activity (per Phil's experience when his launched) will severely impact service levels. Each harness is hand built by me which can take some considerable time, especially the more complicated ones. The order queue's been pretty active lately and I'm very grateful for that.

I'll weigh in on the mirrors. In true GM fashion, although the circuit types are similar, adding factory DL3 mirrors to the trucks is different than the SUVs. Typically, the GM SUVs (Tahoe, Suburban & Yukon/YXL) will have all necessary wiring in the door harnesses for DL3 mirrors with the exception of the camera wiring. I have seen some exceptions (less than 5). The GMC SUVs will usually also have the necessary wiring in the body harness for things to be plug & play with the exception of the blind spot monitor. As previously mentioned, it also requires radar modules located in the rear bumper fascia. Tahoe & Suburban models that did not come with factory DL3 mirrors will be missing the puddle, turn signal and driver auto dim circuits at the connector to the door harness. The harness I build adds those circuits to the body harness.

For the mirror and window switches, it's dependent on whether the vehicle has the driver memory seat feature. If so, both the mirror and passenger window switch must be swapped out. This is due to how the components communicate with each other. GM routed a data circuit that tells the passenger mirror to fold through a specific window switch. If you were just to swap the mirror switch, only the driver mirror would fold.

If your vehicle doesn't have the driver seat memory feature, then only the mirror switch needs to be swapped out, but it's a different part number, more expensive and the connector is keyed slightly different. You can make the wrong mirror switch fit, but its pins are different and will blow a fuse as Art discovered.

Last edited:

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw this out there... Wiring schematic for the side blind zone alert along with the rear bumper harness mating connectors. Takes a power, ground, data and a signal wire to each mirror. Typically, power and ground are already at the rear bumper connector. So the other three wires are all that's needed in the body harness in terms of wiring. For the rear bumper harness, I recommend folks just swap it out with one that has the additional wiring. You should be able to get it for less that I can build one. You still have to contend with the radar modules and their mounting.

1679972692364.png

1679973319235.png