Escalade Mirror Upgrade Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 GMC Yukon SLE with DL8 Mirrors - Question on the Escalade Mirrors Upgrade.

Don't know if you get more in an SLT or not so it may be more plug and play for their trim package.

Do you have to do anything to the door harnesses for the these to work?

I would prefer to remove the door panels one time if I can help it and have everything needed on hand.

I have the Convenience Package, and Enhanced Driver Alert Package if it matters and would like as much function/features available in the Esky Mirrors as possible.

Last edited:

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. DL3 gives you all the perks. Heated, power, blind spot and turn signal. Meaning your ride needs to be dl3 as well as the mirrors your plan to install. The camera on the Esky mirror will not be used.

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about wiring harness from DL8 to DL3 in an SLE trim 17 Yukon.

I know there would be very little issue going from SLT DL3 to Escalade mirrors. (Plenty of posts there will be no camera)

My question is will the SLE door harnesses have the wires to Plug n Play DL3 mirrors minus the memory

I'm looked for heated, pwr fold, power adjust, blind spot, puddle and turn signals in the very least.

Last edited:

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had DL8 on my LT - each feature you speak of is separate.

The non PNP: The blind spot needs a radar system, so its a lot more than just a harness, but I will say the 75% increase in mirror size does a lot for blind spots alone. The turn signals and the puddle lights each require extra wiring - cmatt was doing custom harnesses if he is still on here. I just wasn't interested in pulling wires through the door bundle.

The PNPish (that require plugging in new switches as well): Adding the power fold switch gave me folding mirrors. Adding the correct passenger window switch gave me mirror memory. Neither required coding.

I believe most LTs came with the Luxury Package (mine didn't), and that adds the DL3s, so GM may just use 1 harness in LTs. Not sure if the SLEs Yukon had the option. In any event, just the size and OEM fit is worth the upgrade...

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you probably just need dl3 mirrors without uft, the door harness and door switches or maybe just the mirror switch.
I added dl3 mirrors to my 18 silverado I needed the mirrors, harness, and mirror switch. I bought everything from the harness doctor. I got credit for sending my old harness back because he add's the needed wires and re-wraps it like oem.
everything was plug-n-play

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, bought a nice used pair of 2017 Esky mirrors, received them yesterday and installed today.

Also bought a mirror switch to swap out.

Upon first test the turn signals and puddle lights work on both mirrors but no fold, no 4way adjust on either mirrors and the passenger window does not want to roll up or down from drivers door switch now.

Any ideas on what might be wrong before I take both door panels back off.

Was thinking about plugging in the old mirrors and running the 4way test with the old switch to start with and also see if the 4ways will work on the Esky mirrors.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you replaced the driver AND passenger window switches, correct? The driver added the fold button, while the passenger synchs with the driver side for memory. It made no sense to me, but you had to buy a new passenger window control to make them work correctly. I recall someone saying you had to fold and unfold 3X for them to work, but mine folded right away. Of course, SLE may not be compatible...

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only changed out the mirror switch to gain the power fold options (no window switched were changed).

I do not have seat memory option so does this matter for memory (I did not think there would be any memory without that option)

Also it I press either mirror button I do not see any led lighting on the buttons themselves.

As for the SLE - yes I wondered that too but why would I at least not have the 3way adjust like I did before?

I do love the size already, backing in the garage was a completely different view on the passenger side for sure already.

OP
OP
A

Art Contoni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To put all the info in one post:

2017 Yukon SLE Factory Options - DL8 Mirrors (heated, 4 way power, no power fold) Convenience Package, and Enhanced Driver Alert Package if it matters and would like as much function/features available in the Esky Mirrors as possible. ( I understand the cameras will not work and not an issue).

Purchased 2017 Escalade Mirrors they have the lane alert in the corners - turn signals and puddle lights are working but no 4way or pwr folding, passenger window not working from the driver switch.

After some diagnosing what Pins should I be looking for in the event missing wiring is the actual issue?

Not sure if GMC includes more in their harnesses or not but interesting the turn signals and puddle lights are working.