Escalade/Esky Full LED 3rd Brake Light Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wondered. But then how cam so many places do LED clusters and such?
There aftermarket, although fitment will work, there not using the gm trademark, other than that not sure where the legality changes, some pay a license fee for some stuff I'm sure which probably what they wanted him to do or something to that effect.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if he was selling them online there lawyer's probably sent him a cease & decist order, after that it just gets messy
I did it thru my business, received letters from lawyers and phone calls, copies of different forum posts and so on. If you did it out of your basement you would probably be fine, just not worth paying lawyers more than I already do for what was a side project. Of course many times I was stopped on the road with people saying I want one, how can I get one, sold over 100

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did it thru my business, received letters from lawyers and phone calls, copies of different forum posts and so on. If you did it out of your basement you would probably be fine, just not worth paying lawyers more than I already do for what was a side project. Of course many times I was stopped on the road with people saying I want one, how can I get one, sold over 100
I had a similar issue with Bose, I was selling there stuff cheaper worldwide, but they have contracts with distributors outside the USA to keep prices at certain levels, started getting letters from there lawyers.

RESlagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We did this until GM put a stop to us doing it, I could not take that stupid look of the Escalade 3rd brake light not being the full light, everyone we did still works today

Before
93f0c175.jpg

After
4e830e9f.jpg
DSC_0079.jpg

Does anyone else do this anymore or did gm shut down everyone? I wouldn't mind an aftermarket one as long as the LEDs followed the same pattern.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
meh i prefer my factory (left and right)LED brake lights they use SMD

those are the old 1980s leds they used on the outdoor signage.

i thought about cracking them opening and doing the square mod similar to this

20190310_130056.jpg 71flDq0O8cL._SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:

RESlagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! I just mine in the mail, can't wait to get it the paint shop and eventually install it. Should look good with the G4 tails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts