Escalade Cluster in NNBS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don’t have the part number but the member who sold me the one I used to make my harness told me they’re not available anymore. Maybe you can get one from a wrecking yard or hard wire to the Escalade connector.
Hi so quick question did you have to have the escalade cluster programmed to your vin, i installed mine today all the DIC controls work and all the warning lights work but none of the guages moves and blinkers and stuff dont display on the cluster. Not sure if my wiring is off or if it needs to be programmed. Thanks

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi so quick question did you have to have the escalade cluster programmed to your vin, i installed mine today all the DIC controls work and all the warning lights work but none of the guages moves and blinkers and stuff dont display on the cluster. Not sure if my wiring is off or if it needs to be programmed. Thanks
Wiring is wrong, you should not need to program it at all unless you want the mileage updated...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn’t need to be programmed to your VIN so something must be off in your wiring. That sounds like the GMLAN low speed serial data lines which is how the BCM communicates with the cluster. There aren’t wires specific to those functions so the info must come over the local area network (GMLAN). My best guess anyway.

Jeffv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No, it doesn’t need to be programmed to your VIN so something must be off in your wiring. That sounds like the GMLAN low speed serial data lines which is how the BCM communicates with the cluster. There aren’t wires specific to those functions so the info must come over the local area network (GMLAN). My best

No, it doesn’t need to be programmed to your VIN so something must be off in your wiring. That sounds like the GMLAN low speed serial data lines which is how the BCM communicates with the cluster. There aren’t wires specific to those functions so the info must come over the local area network (GMLAN). My best guess anyway.
Yep exactly the problem the GMLAN wire thanks

B2sdad

Reaction score
I was about to jump on board with this mod on my Suburban since the mileage display died recently...then I read this thread.:confused: I don't have the time to mess with trimming the bezel or pigtails or mileage correction. So i guess at this point I can look into gauge overlays, LED upgrades, new needles? Anyone know someone in Texas that rebuilds NNBS clusters?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to jump on board with this mod on my Suburban since the mileage display died recently...then I read this thread.:confused: I don't have the time to mess with trimming the bezel or pigtails or mileage correction. So i guess at this point I can look into gauge overlays, LED upgrades, new needles? Anyone know someone in Texas that rebuilds NNBS clusters?
Don't know where he lives but this is who I shall use when that day comes:

Jeffv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does the oil life remaining work on your cluster or is it just dashes? i just get dashes for that and the compass zone

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does the oil life remaining work on your cluster or is it just dashes? i just get dashes for that and the compass zone
I never noticed but mines the same as yours. I don’t use the olm anyway and my compass works fine so the zone must be right.