Error Code P1175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CadillacJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well,

Its been over 6 months since I posted here, and no new luck getting my p1175 code fixed, recap I did almost everything, plugs, wires, coils, 02 sensors up and down stream, new injectors, clean intake, no vacuum leaks per smoke test, Chevron 91 octane gas. I did read another form where an 08 Denali with a p1175 had a wire harness problem with the upstream sensor on bank 2, a pin was bent in the connector, and I suspect I may have the same issue with a bad wire somewhere. Going to replace the coil harness wire as recommended in a previous post. I will have to inspect the harness that the 02 sensors hooks into, but not sure I can find that particular replacement part. This p1175 has been driving me nuts, my 08 Escalade runs great and got 23 MPG from San Francisco to San Diego so I have a hard to believing its something serious.

CadillacJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do these engines have AFM? If so, #6 is an AFM cylinder and it could be the valves are gunking up as a result. I had the passenger head off my 5.3 for AFM issues (#4) and I could stick my finger into the intake port and there was sticky oily gunk collected on the short side of the runner just inside the intake valve. Taking the head off and doing a quick valve job would clean that gunk out and restore the valve/seat

To a previous post, I found that the 07-09 Escalade had AFM hardware but for some reason the software is not active until 2010 models and later. I honestly don't think I would want AFM, I have seen some services on Ebay to have your computer sent in to delete it. As far as I've searched, I have not seen an AFM issue correlated with the p1175 code, but it kind of makes sense that certain cylinders could be culprits for this type of problem

CadillacJoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK folks,

Here is a 1 year update on the P1175. I found out that it may have been my aftermarket cold air intake. I took it off and the light seems to stay off. I still get a misfire once in a while on cylinder 2 & 4, but not often enough to set off a code. These Cadillac engines are tuned very specifically and messing with aftermarket parts may confuse the engine, if you have a code P1175 and have an aftermarket cold air intake or other performance parts, consider taking them out and resetting the code to see if it comes back.
Other observations, the Escalade does seem to have low oil pressure (20lbs) when the engine heats up and I tow my boat in hot weather, I replied to another thread, the link is below. I now run 0w40 in my Escalade, so I will see how it handles low oil pressure this summer while towing in hot weather uphill.

https://www.cadillacforums.com/thre...e-oil-cooler-on-my-2008-escalade-6-2l.988154/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz