Error Code P1175

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snaward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon denali, 92k miles. During a long trip the engine light came on, then later went off. This happened a few times. Car drove fine, so I figured maybe an O2 sensor. Took it to the dealer when I got home and he wanted $650 for a tune up. I said no and changed the spark plugs, wires & cleaned the throttle body my self. I also replaced the rear air shocks w/ Arrnots because the OEM's were leaking.

Well the engine light is still coming on then later going away. Today I had autozone read the code since the light was on when I was near a store - the code that showed up was P1175. Does anyone know what this is for? I looked but could not for sure see what this was. Sometimes when it is cold the engine is idling a little rough, so I guess it might be one of the ignition coils or possibly a bad ignition wire. If that is the case, it would be nice to know which cylinder was acting up.

Anybody else see this issue on the 6.2L engine?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Yukon denali, 92k miles. During a long trip the engine light came on, then later went off. This happened a few times. Car drove fine, so I figured maybe an O2 sensor. Took it to the dealer when I got home and he wanted $650 for a tune up. I said no and changed the spark plugs, wires & cleaned the throttle body my self. I also replaced the rear air shocks w/ Arrnots because the OEM's were leaking.

Well the engine light is still coming on then later going away. Today I had autozone read the code since the light was on when I was near a store - the code that showed up was P1175. Does anyone know what this is for? I looked but could not for sure see what this was. Sometimes when it is cold the engine is idling a little rough, so I guess it might be one of the ignition coils or possibly a bad ignition wire. If that is the case, it would be nice to know which cylinder was acting up.

Anybody else see this issue on the 6.2L engine?

snaward,

Hello. I am here to assist you. If I can help in anyway, let me know.

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How could you tell the shocks were leaking?

OP
OP
S

snaward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I could tell the shocks were leaking b/c when I towed my camper the air compressor would eventually over heat or time out, so when I stopped after a couple of hours the rear end would be low. It did not do that before. Upon restart the air compressor would have cooled back off, so the car would level out for a while. Secondly - when I took it in for warranty work (replacing a motor mount) the dealer said they were leaking, they were a wear item not covered by warranty and wanted $1200 to replace them. So I chose the DIY solution using Arrnot for a 1/3 the price.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

snaward,

Hello. I am here to assist you. If I can help in anyway, let me know.

Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service

I do have a question - are injectors covered by the 100k/5yr power train warranty?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Does the code differentiate between a bad injector (maybe caused by age or corrosion) and just a dirty injector needing cleaning?

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could tell the shocks were leaking b/c when I towed my camper the air compressor would eventually over heat or time out, so when I stopped after a couple of hours the rear end would be low. It did not do that before. Upon restart the air compressor would have cooled back off, so the car would level out for a while. Secondly - when I took it in for warranty work (replacing a motor mount) the dealer said they were leaking, they were a wear item not covered by warranty and wanted $1200 to replace them. So I chose the DIY solution using Arrnot for a 1/3 the price.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

I do have a question - are injectors covered by the 100k/5yr power train warranty?

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Does the code differentiate between a bad injector (maybe caused by age or corrosion) and just a dirty injector needing cleaning?

Snaward,
In general, the Powertrain Warranty covers the engine, transmission, transfer case and axle assemblies on light duty vehicles which includes injectors. Please note that The Powertrain Warranty covers repairs to correct any vehicle defect to materials or workmanship occurring during the warranty period. In order to determine if any component is indeed cover you must first get your vehicle diagnosed by a certified licensed dealer. If you would like to private message me your VIN, I could check to see if you are still in the parameters of the warranty.
Jennifer T,
GM Customer Care Service

OP
OP
S

snaward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My yukon has been at the dealer all day yesterday. After running a bunch of test they still don't know the issue. So now I have to pay them to replace the bosch sparkplugs and wires that I installed with GM parts because they don't know what else to try.

So now I am paying several hundred dollars for what may not even fix it (I find it real hard to believe GM parts will solve the issue). I was really hoping that I would NOT have to join the really frustrated w/ GM owners on this forum, so much for that hope.

I'll post an update when I hear the next story from the dealer.

OP
OP
S

snaward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update - the GM sparkplugs did not solve the problem - well what a surprise! So either they don't know what is really wrong, or what they think it is major and they don't want to tackle.

Well - its still under powertrain and extended warranty - we will see if they fix it. I have my doubts.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is a fuel trim cylinder balance bank 2 code: meaning that one cylinder on the passenger side is providing significantly more or less fuel than the other 3.

An injector cleaning may fix it, or one may be bad.

Hope that helps.

Sent from a jelly bean.

OP
OP
S

snaward

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - matches with what they tried. They did do a fuel balance test and a fuel injector cleaning, but that did not help. Last report - they have removed the heads because they suspect the fuel balance issue is due to a valve spring gone bad, or a sticking valve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne