Engine PCV hose replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do i change out my PCV hose (Passenger side)
I bought a new one because my oring stopped sealing,after i got around to swapping out the idler ... so i might as well replace the whole entire part :D

i get it by monday :D

my LTFT is going Sky High...like +15

ended up with fuel contamination so i did an oil change today 1

I know the first step is pulling the hose out of the intake :p

Reaction score
On mine, Don't just pull the hose out of the intake, it turns 1/4 clockwise then pulls out, so the valve cover side gets disconnected first.

To disconnect the valve cover side there is a small tab in the plastic that you lift/pull out and hold while lifting the hose off the pcv port.

You'll see when you get the replacement part, just look at both ends after you take it out of the box.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do i change out my PCV hose (Passenger side)
I bought a new one because my oring stopped sealing,after i got around to swapping out the idler ... so i might as well replace the whole entire part :D

i get it by monday :D

my LTFT is going Sky High...like +15

ended up with fuel contamination so i did an oil change today 1

I know the first step is pulling the hose out of the intake :p

pic? unless your 08 is different, passenger side just sticks in the valve cover and rubber boot over the air box nipple. unless you damaged the grommet in the valve cover?

and +15 Ltft is fine since it's actually letting more air in. your o2 were compensating for that, making it run 14.7. unless you had no air leak and it dumped 15% more fuel in. it shouldn't have contaminated the oil. not that extra change is a bad thing. but in this case you weren't actually running rich. the LTFT can go as high as 30%. so you didn't even max out the ecm's ability to compensate for the extra air

Reaction score
I missed the "passenger side" part of the post, lol

That one is easier, it's in the front of the engine and easy to disconnect in the same fashion as I stated above, with the little tab you pull out when pulling it off the pipe

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pic? unless your 08 is different, passenger side just sticks in the valve cover and rubber boot over the air box nipple. unless you damaged the grommet in the valve cover?

and +15 Ltft is fine since it's actually letting more air in. your o2 were compensating for that, making it run 14.7. unless you had no air leak and it dumped 15% more fuel in. it shouldn't have contaminated the oil. not that extra change is a bad thing. but in this case you weren't actually running rich. the LTFT can go as high as 30%. so you didn't even max out the ecm's ability to compensate for the extra air
that is the source of the leak I put in a new idler pulley recently so the intake had to come off to change it the oring on the PCV is known bad

oil smelled of gas even had asked a random stranger he said it smelled of kerosene

1.3 to 3.9 LTFT is in known good configuration...

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK for future reference it's just a push on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exilex2

Latest posts