Engine Issues after deleting DOD/AFM on rebuilt engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanS

Reaction score
I have an 07 Z71 Tahoe. I started on deleting all the DOD/AFM mechanical parts. Once I got down to the short block I decided to pull the engine and send it to the machine shop for a rebuild. New bearings, piston rings and had the cam ( Texas Speed stage 2 .600 lift) degreed while it was there. New valve seats and springs on the heads. Trunion upgrade kit on the rockers and hardened pushrods installed. New Cam, Crank, Knock, oil level sensors. New 1 3/4 longtube headers from speed engineering with their y-pipe. I have AFP engine mounts. I also installed a new Circle D converter.

I got everything back together and I'm having some issue. I have not pulled any codes.

The truck is only running on 4 cylinders(1,4,6,7 not firing), won't rev above 4K, dash says stabilitrak issues, traction control , etc.

I only have the front O2 sensors plugged in. I had planned on getting it dyno tuned and did not think I needed to delete AFM for it to run right.

Without pulling the codes what can I check to see what will fix this.

I did rotate the engine with the coil harness unplugged to get oil pressure before starting the engine.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the DOD function out of the tune?

Sorry, Didnt read where you said you hadn't tuned it yet

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NathanS

Reaction score
I worked pretty hard to get it finished. In all my research in deleting the DOD/AFM this never came up. I thought it would just throw a CEL until I got it tuned. I would have sent my computer off and took care of it during the rebuild. Lessons learned I guess. Once I get it tuned I’ll post up the results.

I plan on having Mad Tunes Racing dyno tune it.

Last edited:

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you didn't go with the Comp trunnion upgrade. They're a POS. They wear prematurely while sending metal shavings coursing through your oil system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkHearse