Engine Hot/AC Turned Off message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221224-225112.png

I was driving along on our first cold snap, 21 degrees out. I have the Cold Case aluminum radiator in so it takes longer to get up to operating temp and always runs a bit cooler on the guage. So then I get this message in the DIC. Interesting. Then the both fans start screaming and won't shut off. Then the temp guage goes dead. I get home and check a couple of videos and one recommends replacing the wiring pigtail for the CTS. Makes sense since I have 200k on it. So I pick up a new CTS and pigtail and put it on while it's raining out. Nothing changes. I do some more research and one guy says to pull the 10 Amp fuse in number 12 position, the ECM fuse. Wait 10 seconds and put it back in. What do you know? It worked.
Just put about 100 miles on it since then and normal operation.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ressurect this thread because mine keeps doing it. I had already figured out that fuse 12 would reset it, but its back every time I get back in the truck. it is warmer now than it was in feb and my temp is at 210 when i turn the truck off and the fans are on till i take the key out and then they shut off. Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ressurect this thread because mine keeps doing it. I had already figured out that fuse 12 would reset it, but its back every time I get back in the truck. it is warmer now than it was in feb and my temp is at 210 when i turn the truck off and the fans are on till i take the key out and then they shut off. Any ideas?
Probably the coolant temp sensor, there is probably a ohm test that could be done but I don't think the sensor is very costly anyway.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the coolant temp sensor, there is probably a ohm test that could be done but I don't think the sensor is very costly anyway.
Cheap enough just to replace it yeah. I just don't understand why resetting the ecm would make it work again though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheap enough just to replace it yeah. I just don't understand why resetting the ecm would make it work again though.
just clears the data, same as disconnecting the battery for a moment. doesn't fix anything just clears the data, some modules/sensors, etc have to fail 3 times in a row to create a error, same when it is replaced sometimes it has to pass 3 times in a row to pass self testing this is in particular to things like the evap system where it has to do a self test when cold so it can't complete a self test with just 3 key cycles it has to be fully cooled and heated repeatedly. removing the battery terminal erases some of that saved data so it has to start testing again, that's how some peiople get fooled buying a used car sometimes, no cel when they test drive but then 2-3 days later all of a sudden here is a cat code or something unexpected.

02Z71Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it came back. This time while I was driving. I'm going to replace the temp sensor and connector. I'll keep yall posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt