Emmisions test required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So i got my notice on emission test due.I have my battery disconnected dont usually drive the hoe in the winter.I no that you need to relearn readiness monitors or you will fail.I dont know how many miles i need to drive before i can get a test done need to do it this week.Anyone have any info on the miles needed to relearn.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So i got my notice on emission test due.I have my battery disconnected dont usuall drive the how in the winter.I no that you need to relearn readiness monitors or you will fail.I dont know how many miles i need to drive before i can get a test done need to do it this week.Anyone have any info on the miles needed to relearn.

Better start driving it. It's not really miles, it's drive cycles, which can sometimes be harder to get completed. Do your best to vary your driving. There was a recent thread where he had driven a bunch and still couldn't get them to set.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too bad you’re not in VA. We have something call RapidPass where they have portable sensing devices. You could have every dash light kit up and it would never know. All you have to do is go on their site and they will list the times and places they will be at. It’s always on a entrance or exit ramp.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they only give you a weeks notice? here in Commiefornia you get 90 days notice once every 2 years, then they just hook it to a computer and your done in 5 minutes.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The tech here in Cali recommend a mellow drive on the highway for 40-50 min at night w/ no traffic.

One or the other will give you better odds of jumping through all the hurdles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s better to use a battery tender instead of disconnecting it, for both the battery and vehicle. Anyway, yes it’s drive cycles like mentioned and some of the sensors need specific speeds for specific times, etc. and it can be a real PIA. I gave up on one of my trucks and registered it out of the testing area after trying for weeks.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Drove it 90 miles and went to auto zone and still had open cycles left.So yes its strange you need to have so many cold starts and varying speeds using cruise control and what not.I went to the chevy dealer to see my buddy used to work their.He hooked up the tech 2 and said you have only 1 light on that hasnt completed its cycle.He said your allowed 1 on go test you'll pass-he was right all done.So have to do this every 2 yrs.What is the battery tender device that lets you change battery without losing your ecm specs i cant find it.I disconnect my battery over winter so im not messing with bad battery in spring i dont use the tahoe over the winter.Winter up here chew vehicles up in no time.

Hellcat 013.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it 90 miles and went to auto zone and still had open cycles left.So yes its strange you need to have so many cold starts and varying speeds using cruise control and what not.I went to the chevy dealer to see my buddy used to work their.He hooked up the tech 2 and said you have only 1 light on that hasnt completed its cycle.He said your allowed 1 on go test you'll pass-he was right all done.So have to do this every 2 yrs.What is the battery tender device that lets you change battery without losing your ecm specs i cant find it.I disconnect my battery over winter so im not messing with bad battery in spring i dont use the tahoe over the winter.Winter up here chew vehicles up in no time.

View attachment 234796
The tender I use analyzes, cycles the battery by discharging and recharging, de-sulphates etc. You leave the battery connected to the vehicle. I learned about them from riding Harleys which are stored 6 months out of the year here and the batteries are a ***** to remove. I use one on my bagged truck because it sits for 4-5 months in winter. It’s better for the battery than disconnecting it and letting it sit plus all my settings and computers are kept up. I have a connector hard-wired in the truck and the tender just plugs in.
https://optimate1.com/om5vm/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN