Emmisions test required

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it 90 miles and went to auto zone and still had open cycles left.So yes its strange you need to have so many cold starts and varying speeds using cruise control and what not.I went to the chevy dealer to see my buddy used to work their.He hooked up the tech 2 and said you have only 1 light on that hasnt completed its cycle.He said your allowed 1 on go test you'll pass-he was right all done.So have to do this every 2 yrs.What is the battery tender device that lets you change battery without losing your ecm specs i cant find it.I disconnect my battery over winter so im not messing with bad battery in spring i dont use the tahoe over the winter.Winter up here chew vehicles up in no time.

View attachment 234796
250 miles will do it still need one for the EVAP but i'm at 800miles so far still not ready on that one

Best idea would to put it on Non-Op if you don't drive it tell your ready DON"T try and smog it other wise you may get an Abort or Fail on the history... and will lower the resale value of it as it goes on the car fax

Last edited:

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it 90 miles and went to auto zone and still had open cycles left.So yes its strange you need to have so many cold starts and varying speeds using cruise control and what not.I went to the chevy dealer to see my buddy used to work their.He hooked up the tech 2 and said you have only 1 light on that hasnt completed its cycle.He said your allowed 1 on go test you'll pass-he was right all done.So have to do this every 2 yrs.What is the battery tender device that lets you change battery without losing your ecm specs i cant find it.I disconnect my battery over winter so im not messing with bad battery in spring i dont use the tahoe over the winter.Winter up here chew vehicles up in no time.

View attachment 234796
Google "battery tender" - you'll get lots of info.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wes, that new pickup truck is looking better every day!
ya you know what's weird is that truck has all kinds of "not ready" emission's with 26k on it I have driven it a 1000 miles since I bought it and haven't disconnected the battery so I don't know what's up with that but it still doesn't have to have a smog inspection for 50 months.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya you know what's weird is that truck has all kinds of "not ready" emission's with 26k on it I have driven it a 1000 miles since I bought it and haven't disconnected the battery so I don't know what's up with that but it still doesn't have to have a smog inspection for 50 months.
Check to see if there are any old codes. Also, any random CEL's during that period? I think a CEL affects the monitors.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check to see if there are any old codes. Also, any random CEL's during that period? I think a CEL affects the monitors.
no codes, there were some historical codes the dealer was able to pull up "magically" as usual but no cel or anything unusual. I had them make me a copy I have to take my kids to school and then I will post them up I don't think they were emissions related though.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine only took a week of driving to reset and pass the test here in SE PA.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so on mine the old historical codes were p0097 iat sensor circuit low bank 1, p0113 iat sensor high bank 1, p2227 barometric pressure sensor "A" circuit range/performance, p2228 barometic pressure sensor "A" circuit low, p00f4 humidity sensor circuit low.
they all say test failed since code cleared, no cel. really weird codes.......

Wylie_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 234796
C-Tek makes some great little chargers that you can mount under the hood and wire permanently to the battery to maintain the battery over your layup, leaving the battery connected.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which of the emissions show as not ready?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne