Emergency Active Braking in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcrandall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a new 2023 GM Yukon Denali that randomly likes to slam on the brakes when backing out of my driveway. This was a minor inconvenience compared to yesterday when I couldn't even back out of my garage with the bike rack installed. I've looked online and gone through the vehicle settings and can't find a way to turn off active braking assist for reverse. I'm coming from a 2021 Denali ultimate and the new technology is not an upgrade.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a new 2023 GM Yukon Denali that randomly likes to slam on the brakes when backing out of my driveway. This was a minor inconvenience compared to yesterday when I couldn't even back out of my garage with the bike rack installed. I've looked online and gone through the vehicle settings and can't find a way to turn off active braking assist for reverse. I'm coming from a 2021 Denali ultimate and the new technology is not an upgrade.
I do not have a T2xx but there should be something noted in the owners manual probably under towing functions I would start there

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try turning off the park assist using the switch on the left dash...May also consider setting the RPA to On with Towbar, might help your bike rack situation.
1695656915754.png

Or you can permanantly disable in the vehicle settings under Rear Pedestiran Braking, I think.
1695656132378.png

OP
OP
B

Bcrandall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They don't come with a paper copy of the Owner's manual anymore. I just downloaded a pdf copy. I actually had to google to find out how to turn off reverse active braking (RAB). Its the park assist button on the left hand side- thanks WalleyemikeIII

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did not know that, I understand the pdf is much easier to use, you can go right to what you are looking for by using the glossary and clicking on the subject.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't come with a paper copy of the Owner's manual anymore. I just downloaded a pdf copy. I actually had to google to find out how to turn off reverse active braking (RAB). Its the park assist button on the left hand side- thanks WalleyemikeIII
some one just didn't put it in the vehicle like they should have, I would have a talk with the sale's manager
1695680578898.png
2023a.JPG

Silverado4x4

Reaction score
There not in the vehicle when sitting on the lot, you get them once the papers are signed and you get the owners manual and keys from the salesman.