Electrical/HVAC Issues 2016 Yukon - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRS1419

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been noticing issues compiling on my 2016 GMC Yukon and beginning to think they may be related.

About 2 years ago my DVD player stopped working. I messed around with it tried factory resets, pulling and reseating fuses, taking leads off the battery and reconnecting, etc., but inevitably stopped messing since my kids typically just use their tablets. Last year I noticed the rear AC would intermittently stop working or take an hour or so to get going on long road trips.

Most recently, the radiator fan would blast, and the temp reading at the dash wasn't active. When the radiator blew, the front AC took 15-20 min to get going. After some research, it seemed like a common problem with the coolant sensor. I replaced the sensor, and the problem seemed to go away for about a week, but now it is back.

Could all or some of these issues be somehow related, i.e., grounds, power distribution modules, battery and/or corroded terminals? Or is my procrastination catching up to me?

Since some of these problems are intermittent, I fear that the dealership or local auto shop will just throw parts at it, and I would just end up paying for repairs with no solution. I am pretty savvy with repairs but a little out of my wheelhouse. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with the ground connections. Even if they look good peel back some of the coating and look for corrosion. Cleaning the ground areas is good for them anyway. Once done check your battery and alternator. Usually comes back to the simple things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts