Electric Crate Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I would absolutely like to feel the instant power that it creates, but would miss the sound of the Borla XR1 muffler. Definitely would not miss all the maintenance.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would absolutely like to feel the instant power that it creates, but would miss the sound of the Borla XR1 muffler. Definitely would not miss all the maintenance.

They should offer an audio system with the throttle control for these crate motors like what Ford uses for their 4-cylinder Mustangs. Selectable, of course.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
wjburken

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
550HP and 800+TQ would move a Tahoe pretty good. And there's plenty of space to stash lithium cells under the hood and body- especially with no fuel tank or exhaust piping to contend with. I'd imagine the battery technology isn't too far off from being able to replicate the range of a full tank of fuel.
That’s what I was thinking. If you add in a spare tire delete, plenty of real estate under there.

Reaction score
Guess if building a new project it would be cool, but swapping out into a current vehicle you'd have to swap out a whole lot of other parts.

No radiator or water pump, thus no heat, so electric heat would have to be installed. Electric power steering, electric AC compressor, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use our Yukon to make the 1000 mile drive each way between our two homes. We do the 1000 miles in one day. Leave TX home at 4 am and arrive at CO home at 7 pm. We make two 15 min fuel stops, and a couple of 15 minute pee and/or walk the dog stops.

Sometimes it's 110 degrees, sometimes it's minus 20.

Battery technology has a long way to go.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. If you add in a spare tire delete, plenty of real estate under there.
the new hummer ev has plenty of range... They could do it on an escalade but it would make a tahoe crazy expensive

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019