efan install problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hooked up my efans today, but when i went to crank it up it wouldn't stay running,and the check engine light came on. when i would disconnect the power from the BB harness it would stay running and the engine light would go off. i triple checked all my connections and didn't see anything wrong. now with the power off the harness the battery voltage is jumping back and forth from 9-14volts. any ideas on whats wrong

the code its showing is 0641. does anyone know what this means?

sorry, i meant to put this in 00-06, if someone can move it , thanks , I don't know how

Last edited:

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM Justin or Jenna over at Blackbear. They might know.. Sounds like there may be a bad connection or a relay problem to me..
Justin tuned mine and he turned on the pins and the fans and everything is running great minus I'm going with one of his harnesses here in a couple of days..

OP
OP
bsims3996

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just put my factory pcm back in and everything is fine. i don't kknow what happened i followed the harness directions perfectly.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So everything is functioning right? You had a different PCM in it?

OP
OP
bsims3996

bsims3996

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So everything is functioning right? You had a different PCM in it?

it is now with the factory pcm. i had the black bear pcm in, what happened is when i was reconnecting the green plug on the pcm the pin on the harness was bent a little and pushed the pin into the pcm. thats my luck (just like getting outbid on a OEM fan and harness on ebay)haha. i pulled the pin back out, don't know if it will work but Jenna is checking to see if the pin on the pcm can be replaced. (she thinks it can, but with my luck the whole thing is F@#ked up

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is now with the factory pcm. i had the black bear pcm in, what happened is when i was reconnecting the green plug on the pcm the pin on the harness was bent a little and pushed the pin into the pcm. thats my luck (just like getting outbid on a OEM fan and harness on ebay)haha. i pulled the pin back out, don't know if it will work but Jenna is checking to see if the pin on the pcm can be replaced. (she thinks it can, but with my luck the whole thing is F@#ked up

Don't hate the player....

B

xodave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am really interested in putting E fans in my 02 Kon. Have you guys gained any fuel mileage with the electric fans....How much?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts