Recent purchase of 2012 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCB1968

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On the drive home the engine light came on and we had a scan done - P0700 Transmission control system malfunction, P2535 High voltage in ignition switch circuit, P2610 Engine off timer performance, oil pressure sensor unit or wiring unit. The remote start doesn't work and after research we discovered it will not work if there are any codes in the system. The rear door windows will go down with the switch on those doors but will not raise unless the driver master switch is used. We researched and it was suggested to check fuses. We replaced 3 fuses and the driver rear door window operates fine now but the passenger rear door window remains dependent on the driver master switch. This week the transmission was hung in gear and wouldn't change gears. Husband removed the battery terminal then retightened and the transmission has worked fine since then. We read that possibly the ECM might need to re updated or replaced. IS THIS POSSIBLY the reason for the random codes we are getting?

OP
OP
D

DCB1968

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The drive home was from car lot excited with our purchase then disappointed but hopeful we can resolve these code issues.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the windows are mostly likely the switches.. very common. one of mine was bad when I got it. friend of mine used to keep spares in the glove box of his work truck. very little $ off Amazon, pop it out and replace.

everything else sounds like the common loose/corroded battery terminals and or cables.. anything wacky goes on with the electrical system and the truck has 120+k on it, replace the battery cables and make sure terminal are clean and tight and clean the ground cable to block while apart. you shouldn't be able to twist the battery terminals by hand trying very hard.

good luck.

97YukonNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Zealand.
Would love to see some pics of your new ride!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
@DCB1968 Moved you here from Intro section.
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

Yes Sir, your order will be ready in 20 minutes. Mods are PDQ around here.

Welcome from SoCal. Bummer about the extra options the dealer added and didn’t tell ya.

It’s odd but good the battery cables rotting internally are the 1st likely stop for what’s going on. It’s a relatively easy fix that ensures any left over DTC popping up are not gremlins.

OP
OP
D

DCB1968

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the windows are mostly likely the switches.. very common. one of mine was bad when I got it. friend of mine used to keep spares in the glove box of his work truck. very little $ off Amazon, pop it out and replace.

everything else sounds like the common loose/corroded battery terminals and or cables.. anything wacky goes on with the electrical system and the truck has 120+k on it, replace the battery cables and make sure terminal are clean and tight and clean the ground cable to block while apart. you shouldn't be able to twist the battery terminals by hand trying very hard.

good luck.
Thanks for the info - have replaced the switches and feels like a new vehicle. Husband has a new grounding kit but due to weather and we don't have a garage it is on hold for now. Will check back in once that is done and hopefully we will be enjoying our new ride without apprehension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660