ECM question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikes07

Reaction score
i recently picked up a 2001 Silverado HD with the 6.0. Long story short is my buddy who owned the truck before me had an injector problem, replaced with rebuilt ones from rock auto and one stuck open and hydro locked cylinder 5 and broke rod. He picked up another 6.0 out of an 02. Then he lost interest and bought another truck. So I bought his 01 with the 02 motor waiting to be installed. I have it in and have been driving it for a month or so and it doesn't seem to right yet. It runs great, no code, but seems sluggish and unresponsive at times. It also turns over a lot in the morning after sitting. Car starter cycles three times before it actually stays running, once warm it's fine. I've done new sending unit, fuel pressure regulator, coolant temp sensor, fuel filter, airmass sensor, plugs, wires. I'm wondering if it's because it's not the ecm for that motor?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has the fuel pump ever been replaced my tahoe had similar symptoms when the fuel pump was going out
some times in try to start it and itd just crank id have to turn the key all the way off then on the 2nd or 3rd time itd start up

OP
OP
M

Mikes07

Reaction score
I've hanged the whole sending unit and filter, sometimes it starts first crank sometimes it just turns over. I ran live data and it does show a potential lean code on front 02 sensors but I have no ses lights.

OP
OP
M

Mikes07

Reaction score
It had a spectra cold air intake on it when I bought it.

I have sprayed it down with carb and choke cleaner to check for vacuum leaks and it was fine.

OP
OP
M

Mikes07

Reaction score
Just replaced the complete sending unit last week, one I took out was maybe a year old but I figured the check valve was bad in old one and that's why I was getting hard cold starts.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've hanged the whole sending unit and filter, sometimes it starts first crank sometimes it just turns over. I ran live data and it does show a potential lean code on front 02 sensors but I have no ses lights.

just for kicks id put the stock intake back on see what happens aftermarket intakes on occasion cuase lean mix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joerob25

Latest posts