Easiest way to install manifold clamps? Dorman Manifold clamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Airman68

Reaction score
LOL, I bought one too and looked at it and thought the same thing. Still havent installed. I do need to do it though. Not sure how much to fix it correctly but can't be cheap.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I did mine, it was in my friend's shop and up on a lift but he still had it easier than me installing them. Smaller hands and younger. Plus, we had the manifolds off for motor mounts.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did mine, it was in my friend's shop and up on a lift but he still had it easier than me installing them. Smaller hands and younger. Plus, we had the manifolds off for motor mounts.

Yeah I was gonna say try from underneath or pull the inner fender and try from the side?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the drivers side rear.. the holes where a bit off on one of mine, took a bit to figure out why I couldn't get the 2nd bolt to start.

once I figured that out, opened the hole up wasn't bad. a flex head ratchet wrench was handy to tighten it down. I do also have a top side creeper at work. so that probably made it easier for me too.

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the OEM manifold bolt stud must be removed or ground down below the exhaust header flange? That means I can’t install the clamp with intact bolt studs. I was wondering if anyone uses a similar clamp to supplement the existing intact bolt studs.

Rather than that, why don’t we proactively remove and replace the bolt studs one at a time? Would that require a full manifold removal and new gasket? Or can it be done in place?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So the OEM manifold bolt stud must be removed or ground down below the exhaust header flange? That means I can’t install the clamp with intact bolt studs. I was wondering if anyone uses a similar clamp to supplement the existing intact bolt studs.

Rather than that, why don’t we proactively remove and replace the bolt studs one at a time? Would that require a full manifold removal and new gasket? Or can it be done in place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beat Ta hoes